vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: favorite caches

Default favorite caches

I thought of this topic upon reading dubord's congrats thread and want to hear from everyone.

What is:

1. Your favorite cache.
    2. Hardest or most clever cache.

I'm not sure I've done enough yet to post an opinion yet but so far my favorite cache was Mapachi's cache in the Vaughn Woods. I loved the Woods and had no idea they were there until caching. This one was so satisfying to finally find as it was well cammoed and I searched and searched and lost sunglasses and pathtags and then found both and finally found the cache on the way out.

Most clever cache for me was 18392 by Circles in Bath. I laughed out loud when I finally figured this one out.

Thumbs up Tough to pick just one.

One I have done three times and still enjoy is Telltale Heart (GCYY49) by Zoltarus (2/2.5) This was a very well done night cache in Orono. Anyone who has the opportunity really needs to do this. I have been out to it three times with different groups. Well worth the time. The hardest would have to be The Moat Mountain Progressive series. A long day of hiking but very satisfying. Clever is just a whole other thing. Laughing Terry's Right in Plain Site caches were good. Brdad's had some tough and clever hides, and I can't even remember some I'd done on trip out of state.
    Happy Trails!

Any and all of Laughing Terry's caches are my favs , so far, Thank a Teacher was the hardest by far, for MANY reasons!!! No one has been there since us!!!! I'm still waiting for those Die Hard, No holds barred cachers to go out and find it, but I think it's TOO HARD FOR THEM!!!! (smells like a challenge to me)
    Tell you what, I will give a unactivated Geocoin to the next cacher to find this cache and retrieve Toby The Hitchhiker and log both by Friday, November 7th, midnite !!! I wil give you the coin at the WWFM, November 8th.
    Any Takers ????????

Opalsns

I don't know favorite. But one of the most enjoyable areas (lots of fun for the kids) was the Smalls Falls caches. They (ok...WE) had fun wading in the falls after on a nice hot day.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Mapachi's Vaughn woods cache really filled me with awe. I'm glad it's durable, as I kicked it out of frustration, and discovered the cache (my bad) Laughing Terrys "Right in plain sight" in Waterville is just evil. I could go on, as so many of the caches we came across had awesome attributes. Center Hill and Frenchs mountain have awesome views in fall, Patty's Mt. Battie (a dnf so far, it was muggled and I have not gone for the replacement cache yet) gave me the best photo of my kids for 2008. This sport is great. I hate winter!!!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Any and all of Laughing Terry's caches are my favs , so far, Thank a Teacher was the hardest by far, for MANY reasons!!! No one has been there since us!!!! I'm still waiting for those Die Hard, No holds barred cachers to go out and find it, but I think it's TOO HARD FOR THEM!!!! (smells like a challenge to me)
    Tell you what, I will give a unactivated Geocoin to the next cacher to find this cache and retrieve Toby The Hitchhiker and log both by Friday, November 7th, midnite !!! I wil give you the coin at the WWFM, November 8th.
    Any Takers ????????

Opalsns
    Dang - already done it, got my weekend caching fix today and have to babysit the rest of the week. Is there at TB stuck in the cache?

Yup, Toby is in there. I moved him from Great Moose Lake . It's been stuck all summer. I told the owners I would get it moved before winter. I'll go back and get it if no one else gets it.
    Opalsns

Yup, Toby is in there. I moved him from Great Moose Lake . It's been stuck all summer. I told the owners I would get it moved before winter. I'll go back and get it if no one else gets it.
    Opalsns
    Bet it's been a long dark summer!

Any Takers ????????

Opalsns
    so what your saying is a person can get a coin from you if they log the cache and the tb by november 7th midnite

shoot! I was going to try that one on the way to Jackman but didn't end up stopping. We did get the one at the Skowhegan Indian by Laughing Terry.