vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milestone question

Default Milestone question

I hit my 50th cache yesterday (and the car hit 35,000 miles), and I was just wondering how long it took some of the more experienced cachers to reach their 100, 200, 500, etc milestones.

Congrats!!! I used to be a numbers and FTF "HO" but have since mostly just concentrated on doing the caches that interest me. I'm sure there are many in here who will pipe up with their accomplishments. Most of my caching friends have passed my numbers long ago when I used to be way ahead of them. The old saying goes it's
    "not about the numbers" but how you got there.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

My son and job take up most of my time and with another boy due in February, it's taken me 3 years to reach my today total of 156. Eventually i'll get out more and travel further and further away.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

When I first started I couldn't wait to do 5 or 6 a day and go every chance I could. Now I get out when I can. My three children are all going in different directions. I take the time when I can.

I am currently at 180 and eventhough 200 doesn't seem that far away....with winter coming on....

I got 100 in less than a year but 200 may have to wait till next year.

Its Different For Everyone On How Long It Takes Or What Their Personal Goal Is. I Am All About Every Aspect Of The Game. Milestones For Me Are Different. I Set A Goal For The Year And Try To Reach It. This Year I Have Not Met That Goal Yet And Next Year Will Be Better For Me To Reach The Goal I Set For Myself

Quote Originally Posted by keydetpiper View Post
    I hit my 50th cache yesterday (and the car hit 35,000 miles), and I was just wondering how long it took some of the more experienced cachers to reach their 100, 200, 500, etc milestones.
    Take a look at our profile - it gives out milestones, etc. You can get the software here.

(I just hope you didn't travel 35,000 miles to get 50 caches! LOL! )

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    (I just hope you didn't travel 35,000 miles to get 50 caches! LOL! )
    THATS ALOT OF MAPS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by balinda View Post
    When I first started I couldn't wait to do 5 or 6 a day and go every chance I could. Now I get out when I can. My three children are all going in different directions. I take the time when I can.
    Oh, I remember those days. Now I just go out if something interests me, I go with a group of friends, or I can spice up a work-out by incorporating some geocaching. My numbers are not that great for the number of years I've been caching. I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Now I just go out if something interests me, I go with a group of friends, or I can
    get Vic and Tom to go walk in the pouring rain, the dark, through uncharted woods, so I can log a few more caches.

Every cache has been a milestone, and many of the most memorable didn't end in 00.

50 Was probably my favorite, however. I'm not sure what the cache was without looking it up, but I remember at 50 feeling I had found a large percentage of Maine's caches.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."