vb:literal>

View Poll Results: What do you think should be the minimum distance between Maine rural caches?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 miles (No minimum)

17 23.61%
  • .1 mile

16 22.22%
  • .25 mile

12 16.67%
  • .5 mile

7 9.72%
  • .75 mile

2 2.78%
  • 1 mile

5 6.94%
  • 1.5 miles

1 1.39%
  • 2 miles

5 6.94%
  • 5 miles

3 4.17%
  • Other (specify)

4 5.56%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Minimum distance between caches

Gee I never thought of that Dave as I don't drink either. Looks like we will have to eat 2 orders of wings to make up for our lack of drinking that's all.....lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Personally I can live with GC's limits in place. I have been to caches that are placed way to close to one another, and to some places where there is an excellent spot to place a new cache but havn't because of the limits. Perhaps some sort of exceptions such as island caches, or opposite sides of a river may be in order. I dont think the city/rural limits should matter.

Default As long as it's fun!

Check out The Apple Farm Cache. That would be a great place to have two caches, 10 feet apart!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    Check out The Apple Farm Cache. That would be a great place to have two caches, 10 feet apart!

"Don't Fence Me In" by Gene Autry.....oh, wait, wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    I guess that's where I think differently. Two caches at that cache ten feet apart isn't as appealing to me, since both cordinates give you the same "experience" - the hike/view. However, two stages of a multi at the same two places seems quite evil and appealing. Hmm, I'm getting an idea for stage 37 of my upcoming hide....

Talking 1/4 mile??

I think a 1/4 mile would be OK, We recently placed two caches .36 miles apart. Origionally we was going to make it a multi, but because of the difficulty of the second cache we decided to make them seperate so people could still enjoy the first one if they are not able to get to the second. I do agree that we should not saturate an area just because we can, but if there are neat places of interest that is OK.

Sounds like we are going to have to get to the next event, you guys have too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I think a half mile would be fine on rural caches. In a city setting they could be closer. I recently read somewhere that in the greater San Francisco area that there are 4000+ caches. I don't know how big an area that really is, but it seems like an aweful lot for one metropolitan area. Considering there are only 600 something in the state of Maine. IMHO
    I agree. Sometimes its nice to park the truck and walk and get four or five caches done.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Foothills of the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee

Default From the land where lamp post micros are high art...

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    I think the .1 distance set up by GC.com is fine with me unless you are talking about 500 micros underneath each lamp post....lol
    Bless you.
    Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I really don't want Maine to come down to having a cache under each lamp post as haffy stated.
    Bless you both.

If we were closer to Maine, we would happily buy Beer & Wings for both of you to keep the faith alive!

I am new but I think that it should be 0. Why should there be a limit? If there is a good spot and more then one person wants to put one there, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianbo
    I am new but I think that it should be 0. Why should there be a limit? If there is a good spot and more then one person wants to put one there, go for it.
    So, you're saying if the minimum was 0, you'd have nothing against 20 film canister micros all hidden under the same light post cover?