vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Travel Bug Mileage?

Question Personal Travel Bug Mileage?

I'm not sure if this has been done before but I thought I'd look into see what kind of mileage people have on their personal travel bugs. Personal travel bugs are bugs that a cacher logs into most types of caches (earthcaches are excluded and I believe webcam caches). I got the idea from Cameooo and my Travel Bug "Colinizer" just reached over 60,000 miles and should get around 2400 miles more when I bring it back home for a meet and greet here in DC.
    I got a lot of miles traveling back and forth between Maryland and Maine and on the occasional business trip. Hope all is well up there!
    drbugman and Tigger1130
    There is always one more bug.
    -old computer saying

Sheesh! If I'd been diligent about logging the mileage for the WhereRWe? Personal Bug, we'd probably have 100,000 miles. But as it is, I can only officially claim 9900 miles. And that doesn't include the trip to Europe, the trip to Alabama, another trip to Maryland, and numerous trips to Massachusetts and New Hampshire that I didn;t log! LOL!

Congrats on your ability to keep track of your TB!

Mine's got 14770. It's a lot compared to my cache find total, because I don't grab a lot of caches per trip.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Question in regards to the personal TB's. I kind of want to keep one but want to start it from when I first started caching to log those miles and continue on from here. I've only got a few over 200 finds so the question is...would it be wrong to go back online through my finds to drop / pick up a bug? It wouldn't generate an additional find and I've signed each of the logs so I don't see it as an issue. How do people view this and will GC.com let me drop / pick up at an archived location?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

It's up to you. It's your show.

I just started my van as a travel bug as it brings me to all the caches I go to. It brought me to all the caches I went to before I started the TB logs but for me it will be fine to start it when I logged it first.

Like most things in life, I might have done things differently if I knew then what I know now. But if we knew everything then or even now, life would be so boring.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Up to you Corey..

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Question in regards to the personal TB's. I kind of want to keep one but want to start it from when I first started caching to log those miles and continue on from here. I've only got a few over 200 finds so the question is...would it be wrong to go back online through my finds to drop / pick up a bug? It wouldn't generate an additional find and I've signed each of the logs so I don't see it as an issue. How do people view this and will GC.com let me drop / pick up at an archived location?
    Nothing wrong with it, just a pain in the the but to do.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Nothing wrong with it, just a pain in the the but to do.
    Sheesh! That's a fact! I never remember to log the WhereRWe? Personal Bug in and out. I've got 9945 miles actually logged, but the real distance is probably 4 times that. LOL!

And I also agree - go for it. "Late log entries" are allowed.

I just started a personal TB this year. It was given to me at Christmas and has gone to a few events as well. I have forgotten to log a few caches, but I'm up to around 500 miles. Last week we went to the Brooks area and found quite a few caches. On a day like that, I tend to log my TB into only one.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

If you use GSAK, there is perhaps an easier way: http://gsak.net/board/index.php?show...ndpost&p=61674

Even gives the resulting distance in number of times to the moon!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

I've tried playing a bit with GSAK but not being a premium member tends to effect the value it can have I guess. All I was able to do was play a bit with a PQ that Cameo had sent me but I had no real idea what I was doing. Having only done 200 caches in about 4 years should tell you something about the amount of free time I actually have vs. the time I would love to spend caching. Someday...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry