vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ancazo!

Default Hello from Ancazo!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone from the flash cashe Saturday, November 8, 2008. Not only is geocaching fun, exciting, and a great family activity, but the group of geocachers made us feel welcomed and excited to do more! We had such a wonderful time! We look forward to becoming more and more active and are excited for the next event!

Thank you to everyone!

Ancazo

I was there, but sorry to have missed you! There were so many people there, about half I recognized, but many new faces. Keeps the game fresh

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ancazo View Post
    We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone from the flash cashe Saturday, November 8, 2008. Not only is geocaching fun, exciting, and a great family activity, but the group of geocachers made us feel welcomed and excited to do more! We had such a wonderful time! We look forward to becoming more and more active and are excited for the next event!

Thank you to everyone!

Ancazo
    The amount of new faces at this years flash mob was one of the things that stood out to me. I have to agree with Sudonim that this is just what this organization needs....fresh members. If you need any help please free to ask....we are a friendly bunch...for the most.

Yes, it's to bad more didn't make it over to SeaDog to get introduced around. Maybe at another event. Or..........do we need some MeetNGreets this winta?!

Yes, winter would be a great time for meet and greets. I was unable to make it this past weekend, it was my daughter's birthday and we had a movie birthday party for her. Kung-Fu Panda Hiiiiii-ya!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Maybe at another event. Or..........do we need some MeetNGreets this winta?!
    i am trying to plan another one for the augusta area any suggestions on a time?

Coordinating around a weekend that borders a school vacation would be excellent. You might even get a better turnout in February as a lot of families with older kids will be in the area for the basketball tournaments.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Not all MeetNGreets need to be on weekends. Southern Maine and Lewiston Auburn area has had some success with mid-week evenings.

Regardless of when you choose - there will be some people with conflicts. And not all folks are able or willing to drive a long way.

The earlier the notice (according to GC.com guidelines) of course the better, so folks can plan. And, don't forget to ask the establishment where you are meeting.

We were the family with the most recent join! We won the geocaching book! The kids were the 4-year-old blond, and the 7-year-old boy (who people seem to think is about 9 or so!) We will hopefully make more rounds to meet everyone face-to-face at the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    i am trying to plan another one for the augusta area any suggestions on a time?
    Middle of the week is a good idea. I can make those easy enough.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.