vb:literal>

Thread: Welcome to abolwanderer.

Default Welcome to abolwanderer.

Welcome to Abolwanderer, anyone who likes the abol area cant be all bad. Besides he lives in Millinocket, my old home town. So, get out there and get our caches , and there are some on the golden road also. Happy caching, and maybe we'll meet on the geotrails sometime. Happy Holidays.."Dave and Gail", and of course Shamis.

Just curious if I knew you Dave, as I lived in Milinocket for a year, then East. My uncle was John St. Peter. Depending on how old you are, you may have had him as a math teacher at Stearns. He died of cancer awhile ago. PM me your last name if you don't want to post it here. Paul and Cathy St Peter are my cousins (obviously). Michelle Bouchard

Yes, a great welcome to abolwanderer. Some of my most memorable caches were in the Millinocket area. Hope to meet you sometime on the trails, at an event or who knows where..........Cache on - Cache happy!

Default Reunion time

With due respect to all cachers, obviously the most fun cachers are from Millinocket. And like Hollora, some of my most enjoyed caches were "up home". I highly recommend Dave and Gail's "Bubbling Spring" which can be done along with an earthcache during the ride in. While I have "temporarily" lived in Hampden for the last 17 years, Millinocket is home.
    Welcome Abolwanderer, have fun!

[quote=Dave and Gail;49070]Welcome to Abolwanderer, anyone who likes the abol area cant be all bad. Besides he lives in Millinocket, my old home town.

I, too, had a memorable experience at "Bubbling Spring" cache. A moose came walking down the small road you have to go up....very deep snow....as I was putting on my snowshoes. Came right at me, but turned around when it became obvious I was in the way. Amazingly, the moose turned off the road and headed into the woods, walking within feet of the cache...led me right to it!

Wink what he didn't trade anything?

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    I, too, had a memorable experience at "Bubbling Spring" cache. A moose came walking down the small road you have to go up....very deep snow....as I was putting on my snowshoes. Came right at me, but turned around when it became obvious I was in the way. Amazingly, the moose turned off the road and headed into the woods, walking within feet of the cache...led me right to it!
    sweet! the meeses are geocaching now!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods