vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Appropriate cache containers

You are welcome. I have yet to by an ammo box. My one hide is in a tupperware type container but I do want to get an ammo box for a hide before too long. I do like going to that store to browse, almost as much as the Bull Moose that is right next to it.

Besides, there is also a decent Chinese restaurant there too.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Yeah, I used to use an ammo box to keep my floppy disks in. Believe it or not. The smell still makes me think of an old 486 I used to have. OK, that's weird. Thanks gain for advice!

You are welcome! Enjoy!
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

The website for the store

http://www.armybarracks.com/index.asp

Woot! Thanks!

Cool and they even mention how good they are for geocaching too.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Of course they do spell it "cash" but oh well.

I just did a cache here in Orono that the final stage of a multi was a cheap plastic tool box. Of course when I opened it there was about an inch of water in the bottom of the box and everything was soaked. This tool box has like a 1/2 inch gap where it opens and does not secure really well. Sitting under a brush pile I can see this one going bad soon. I learned that those Folgers cans dont work well if they get really cold, and baby formula cans dont either. You have to have something with a screw top, or a rubber gasket seal. Anything less does not stand up to winter.

Where the hell is that thing?

Good to know that coffee cans do not work well. I have a couple I have been saving for that purpose. Some people seem to swear by them. I figure the metal ones probably would not but wondered about the plastic ones.

A mention about winter caching....if it is going to be poked, pushed, tunked and pryed out of the snow and ice - look at what you were thinking about using for a container and ask yourself, "will this survive that?" Also, if the location is in a place where no one would go in the winter anyway - no worries - or you could also disable it for the winter. Just some thoughts ~ for what they are worth.