Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79

Thread: Craft Corner

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I like the idea. I have seen many coins that I often drool over. I would like to design a coin for Team V3 at some point but I really have no idea how to go about it or how much it will even run us.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    I like the idea. I have seen many coins that I often drool over. I would like to design a coin for Team V3 at some point but I really have no idea how to go about it or how much it will even run us.
    The basics of a coin are on the Geocaching dot com forums under Geocoins. In the top under pinned threads. It describes a lot of the basic information.

    The first decision to be made, IMHO, is trackable or not. Because, the trackable piece is one item which effects the price per coin ($1.50 per coin).

    A less expensive alternative to Geocoins (but there isn't the same kind of tracking) is a Pathtag. You can see these on Pathtags dot com. A much smaller investment than a coin.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Bringing this back to crafts and sig items, I attended an event (think it was the first by KachingKaren)....where there was a craft table for kids to make sig items. That is fun at a winter event when there is space.

    The Be An Elf Event is very busy so it wouldn't work at that one - but perhaps another.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brunswick, ME
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I have been dreaming of creating a signature item over the winter. I loved the idea of the painted acorns. I was worried about sealing what ever I paint well enough so it won't be affected by the weather.

    I was thinking of a small talking stick which would be a finders stick. The one carrying the stick gets to look for the cache first.

    I was thinking about painting it in an Australian style. Lots of bright colored dots.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I have come across a few pathtags as well. I have some general design ideas but it is something I want both my wife and son to get in on as well since it is the three of us that make Team V3. Maybe we can start by doing the general design on a pathtag and if we like it eventually further develop it into a coin.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canaan , Maine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Bringing this back to crafts and sig items, I attended an event (think it was the first by KachingKaren)....where there was a craft table for kids to make sig items. That is fun at a winter event when there is space.

    The Be An Elf Event is very busy so it wouldn't work at that one - but perhaps another.
    The idea is to have a thread on this forum to talk about ideas and share ideas and make them or help folks make theirs, not at an Event.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canaan , Maine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balinda View Post
    I have been dreaming of creating a signature item over the winter. I loved the idea of the painted acorns. I was worried about sealing what ever I paint well enough so it won't be affected by the weather.

    I was thinking of a small talking stick which would be a finders stick. The one carrying the stick gets to look for the cache first.

    I was thinking about painting it in an Australian style. Lots of bright colored dots.
    Both are great ideas, I use an indoor / outdoor clear spray sealer from walmart. around $1 a can. I use it on my caches as well and if you have done any, you'll see they hold up pretty well!
    Opalsns

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    The idea is to have a thread on this forum to talk about ideas and share ideas and make them or help folks make theirs, not at an Event.
    Thank you for pointing that out. Back to my corner LOL

    I just mentioned this because it was before you started caching. The kids enjoyed it a lot and it did take some coordination and help.

    Like I said - back to my corner as I couldn't help make a folded star and all the things I have done were not original ideas.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canaan , Maine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    I can appreciate the crafting at events. Cachin' Crow is having an event October 2009 and I've used many ideas from events and caches in creating it. I, too, will have a crafty happening. I have stickers, markers and card stock so that all the cachers can fold up and design their own Geocoin box, and enter for a 1st prize. I will be looking for several ideas for event prizes, hides and favours.
    Opalsns

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    AND keeping it on track, which, so far , 2 board memebers COULD'T do.
    Sorry. I thought this was "a thread on crafting Signature Items". I also thought that posting a link to pictures of signature items used by local cachers was appropriate.

    Silly me! LOL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •