vb:literal>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Craft Corner

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Those are the loons I bought last year. Since they were carved out of mushrooms (in China) they were a bit soft and also too big to glue on a half marble. Some had their wings falling off. And since they were soft, they would damage easily (life can be a bit rough inside a cache). And with all the bad press lately, I don't trust Chinese mushrooms...

Thanks for looking though!
    Tee Hee, Chinese Mushrooms !!!
    I'll keep an eye out.
    Opalsns

scuply is like clay and u bake it it hardens well and stays well. I have had at least 100 different ideas for ur sig item love to put ideas together im going to make some mini ammo boxes with my grandson this weekend for his sig item

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Now those ideas are more my speed! I have thought about glueing loons on something blue and that was a possibility when I could buy the small loons at Sherman's for 50 cents each. Now all I can find are $1.50 or $2.00 each. So questions here are:

1. Is there anywhere I can buy small, inexpensive loons?
    2. Where would I buy small blue tiles?
    3. Where can I buy loon stickers??
    4. How would I go about getting a printed loon to iron on to something?

I have searched E-bay before, got a few loons from there last year which I put in caches but they weren't exactly inexpensive. And I've serached the 'net for loons, stickers, etc. Maybe some crafty cacher will see what I need and direct me to it. I can glue with the best of them. And I probably could iron too although it's been a while....
    have you checked big als in wiscasset?

I get lots of my ideas from online swap pages. Here is a pic of the swap followed by the rock army that I made:

After putting each soldier in their own case with a little sand, I gave them out at one of Rick's events. Not sure if people still have them or not.

Default Creative uses for pathtags

Here is a picture of the bbq invite....I attached one of our pathtags to the invite with a glue dot to ensure that it didn't move during mailing.

Cool off topic but have to say...

These were awesome! Not only a lot of thought and effort appreciated, but then we all had to name them! I think mine's called Pebbles. She's on my desk at work! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I get lots of my ideas from online swap pages. Here is a pic of the swap followed by the rock army that I made: After putting each soldier in their own case with a little sand, I gave them out at one of Rick's events. Not sure if people still have them or not.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    These were awesome! Not only a lot of thought and effort appreciated, but then we all had to name them! I think mine's called Pebbles. She's on my desk at work! I love it!
    LOL, that is right! I forgot that I made people name them in order to get one! LOL he he heh

Back to the regularly scheduled program....

Cache Maine, your SIs are very cool and I get excited every time I find one !!!! I still love the mini envelope and pictures and look through them every now and again !!!
    And Hubby Cache Maine, I love all the designs you come up with on the PTs.
    Surely some of the coolest , craftiest, ideas !!!!
    Opalsns

Default Sculpy

Quote Originally Posted by ahbah View Post
    scuply is like clay and u bake it it hardens well and stays well. I have had at least 100 different ideas for ur sig item love to put ideas together im going to make some mini ammo boxes with my grandson this weekend for his sig item

I'm getting really interested in sculpy now. AND, my daughter is very artistic and used to be able to do great things with modeling clay. She got all the "artistic" genes that passed me by. Oriental Trading Company has a good online selection. Anybody have any tips and hints for using sculpy? I already have some ideas...

And for those who say "go to your local tile store or craft store".... it's over an hour drive to even the nearest Wal-Mart and two hours to the nearest Michaels.. so online sources help a lot!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

KL,
    Instead of tiles, there are pretty rocks up your way. I was collecting a couple at the Moose Lookout cache, (forgot the name )
    Little blue or green pieces of slate would be cool, if they're not frozen in the ground ,LOL!!!!
    Opalsns