vb:literal>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Craft Corner

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Craft Corner

I have an idea and I'd like feedback on it .....

........Would any cachers be interested in starting a thread on crafting Signature Items . I ,like many of us out there, collect SIs and some are amazing. From Marble Magnets, to keychains, to Mini Pictures in a Mini Envelope, to Golf Tees. We could share Ideas and make each others ideas and show the pictures of them on this thread. We can put them in caches and let each other know if one was found, etc...This could also be a help to NooBs that are not sure what they should use.
    It could also include Designing Caches or Travel Bug Hitch Hikers or Event Favors, etc .....
    Whatyathink?
    Opalsns

Question ahbah

I think it's a great idea i love sig items but there doesn't seem to be to many anymore with the path tags and lack of caches to put them in

I think it's a great idea. If anyone has an idea for a sig item they'd like to create but don't know where to start, the crafters could make useful suggestions.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Brdad has quite a collection of sig item photos. Not sure how up to date it is, but it has a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Brdad has quite a collection of sig item photos. Not sure how up to date it is, but it has a lot...
    I have been slacking! I have 20 or 30 more that I haven't taken pictures of!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Those are my favorite things to collect while out caching. I have 3 FULL cigar boxes full of sig items that I have collected over the years. Now all I have to do is sit down one of these days and catalog and photograph each one. That will be quite the task I can see now. Those of you who have my 1st one of 13 original sig items,well they are collectors items now. Maybe someday they will be worth something.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

OK, Let me try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    I have an idea and I'd like feedback on it .....

........Would any cachers be interested in starting a thread on crafting Signature Items . I ,like many of us out there, collect SIs and some are amazing. From Marble Magnets, to keychains, to Mini Pictures in a Mini Envelope, to Golf Tees. We could share Ideas and make each others ideas and show the pictures of them on this thread. We can put them in caches and let each other know if one was found, etc...This could also be a help to NooBs that are not sure what they should use.
    It could also include Designing Caches or Travel Bug Hitch Hikers or Event Favors, etc .....
    I don't want to know who has what. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm trying to get opinions on starting this thread.
    Kacky and ahbah said it's a great idea,
    Now,
    Whatyathink?
    Opalsns

With all due respect, looking at other people's signature items can help cachers decide what they might like to create, whether it's a similar idea or an offshoot of an existing one. Your idea is a good one, just run with it and time will tell how much interest there is.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    With all due respect, looking at other people's signature items can help cachers decide what they might like to create, whether it's a similar idea or an offshoot of an existing one. Your idea is a good one, just run with it and time will tell how much interest there is.
    This is more than being about what people can do for Sig Items. It's about bringing cachers together, sharing ideas and stories about those ideas and opening a dialouge between young and old and new cachers. AND keeping it on track, which, so far , 2 board memebers COULD'T do.
    And ,Yes, Time will tell all.
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    AND keeping it on track, which, so far , 2 board memebers COULD'T do.
    Sorry. I thought this was "a thread on crafting Signature Items". I also thought that posting a link to pictures of signature items used by local cachers was appropriate.

Silly me! LOL!