vb:literal>

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Craft Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    The only way I got one of the engraved ones is picking it up out of a cache when it was being dropped in by you. Right place....right time...

Cherish it ,there were only 13 made so feel fortunate you got one of them...
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Wink Well John

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Cherish it ,there were only 13 made so feel fortunate you got one of them...
    I have well over 300 sig items I have collected and that is still one of my favorites.
    Happy Trails!

Default don't give up

wish you wouldn't give up so quick as this is my favorite thing about cacheing is the home made stuff i love the path tags but it's taking away from the good stuff i have a huge collection which i want buried with me

Not Givin' up

Love your Ladybug, Your design?

We have a few different sig items out there and we enjoyed creating and distributing each one. It is cool to see a cacher create an item that speaks to their identity and leave it behind as a "gift" for another cacher to collect.

I got my ideas for sig items from seeing what other cachers had created and adapting the ideas to something that was appropriate for us, affordable and fun. I didn't think either board member went "off topic" by posting other sig item photos because I found that to be very helpful. I also appreciated the mention of a crafting table at events as that is a great breeding ground for sig item ideas (as well as being really fun for the kids).

When you start a thread, sometimes others will approach your topic from an angle you didn't expect. I have enjoyed this thread and every single idea from every single person that took the time to post to it.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Great,
    Now tell us what you made and how you made them, I think this is more helpful than just looking at a picture. And that's why I started this thread to begin with.
    RE: the board's comments, After they commented, the thread started going to Who has the most rather than what they made. And then the "Time will tell how much interest there is" comment , to me was like saying , " you're wasting your time",
    and just as you and many others don't find a problem with it, I did.
    Also, the event idea is great, but I'm not talking about events, I'm talking about a thread. Alot of folks don't even go to Events.
    I hope this helps you to understand what I'm trying to do.
    Now , since all this has been so helpful to you, Please, tell us what you made and how you made it.
    I think that would be helpful to someone.
    Thanx,
    Hi Chip,
    Opalsns

PS: Do what you like. Like what you do. Life is good.

I don't really use a signature item as I don't do enough caching to really spread them out. I've thought about it a bunch though. If you walk through the craft section at Walmart or AC Moore, it generates a few ideas.

The only item I've collected so far is a silver FFJ ladder. These appear to be made of wood. Two small beams connected by 5 little dowels. It appears he pre-drills holes in each beam, inserts a little wood glue (possibly Elmers) and then connects the two with the 5 precut dowels.

Sorry if this seems a little sarcastic.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I like Kayaking Loon's refrigerator magnet. It's a picture of a loon. I would like to know how she made it. I wanted to get a bunch of arrowheads as our sig item but I don't know where to purchase them inexpensively. I'm not very crafty so I don't envision myself making anything. My kids would love to though!

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    I don't really use a signature item as I don't do enough caching to really spread them out. I've thought about it a bunch though. If you walk through the craft section at Walmart or AC Moore, it generates a few ideas.

The only item I've collected so far is a silver FFJ ladder. These appear to be made of wood. Two small beams connected by 5 little dowels. It appears he pre-drills holes in each beam, inserts a little wood glue (possibly Elmers) and then connects the two with the 5 precut dowels.

Sorry if this seems a little sarcastic.

Lucky You, I would love to come across one of them FFJ ladders. In my opinion they are very collectable. He also painted several different colors.
    Limited Editions, if you will.

Awesome,
    Opalsns

Our first sig item was a bandana. We created our "logo" using MS Publisher(similar to Haffy's with the State of Maine in it) and printed them on iron-on transfer paper. Then we cut out the shape and ironed it on to bandanas that we bought on the internet. The other sig item (our current one) is a snowflake crocheted out of string that we tie onto a laminated caching card. (and as crummy as I am at crochet - no 2 snowflakes are alike).
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country