vb:literal>

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Craft Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Our first sig item was a bandana. We created our "logo" using MS Publisher(similar to Haffy's with the State of Maine in it) and printed them on iron-on transfer paper. Then we cut out the shape and ironed it on to bandanas that we bought on the internet. The other sig item (our current one) is a snowflake crocheted out of string that we tie onto a laminated caching card. (and as crummy as I am at crochet - no 2 snowflakes are alike).
    I like the snowflake idea, must take awhile to do up a bunch. I don't have any of your SIs yet, I'd love to come across your snowflake, Very Cool
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    I like the snowflake idea, must take awhile to do up a bunch. I don't have any of your SIs yet, I'd love to come across your snowflake, Very Cool
    Opalsns

I have a snowflake,it came attached to my cacher tag TB and also I have one of the "PINK" bandanas as well.... And yes PJ I still have it too....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Smile my sig item

my sig item is made out of sculpey to make mine but i have made many different things as i cache under 2 names i have made mini walking sticks mini gpsr silver spoon handel key cahins and am working on geo trading cards now

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I have a snowflake,it came attached to my cacher tag TB and also I have one of the "PINK" bandanas as well.... And yes PJ I still have it too....
    awwwwww - big wet kisses your way Haffy
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by ahbah View Post
    my sig item is made out of sculpey to make mine but i have made many different things as i cache under 2 names i have made mini walking sticks mini gpsr silver spoon handel key cahins and am working on geo trading cards now

We carve full size walking sticks, how very cool mini walking sticks woud be. I'd love to find one. Like Pjpreb stated, they're little handmade gifts left for other cachers.
    Opalsns

Default Signature items

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    I like Kayaking Loon's refrigerator magnet. It's a picture of a loon. I would like to know how she made it. I wanted to get a bunch of arrowheads as our sig item but I don't know where to purchase them inexpensively. I'm not very crafty so I don't envision myself making anything. My kids would love to though!

I was able to help Itlindian and she's on her way to making signature items. I only hope I get to find one of them! Now let's see if anyone has suggestions for me. I'm not "crafty", can't draw a straight line with a ruler. But with the help of a friend I made signature cards on the computer and after a bit decided they had to be laminated unless you like cards with mildew on them. We also tried printing the cards on magnetic paper and almost ruined the printer. Question: how do people get those to print without wrecking anything??

The next year I bought loon magnets from CafePress.com, also pins. And finally I got smart enough to sign the magnets on the back with silver ink so they were "mine" (sort of). But what can I do next? The only "craft" I do is knitting and I can't knit loons! I've thought of something like cross stitch on plastic mesh, but.... not sure that would be any good.

If I were starting over I'd think of a name and signature item BOTH, before I started. I really like sig items and collect them. I have a FFJ silver ladder and a couple of PJ Preb's snowflakes, both very nice. Pathtags take a bit of creativity. You can buy them pre-designed but if you design your own or at least have a lot of input into the design (which I did for mine) they are "sort of" your creation.

So what can I do next for loons? I've bought wooden ones from time to time, and plaster loons that I used to be able to get for 50 cents (they cost more now). Any ideas?
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post

So what can I do next for loons? I've bought wooden ones from time to time, and plaster loons that I used to be able to get for 50 cents (they cost more now). Any ideas?
    DO YOU HAVE A WOOD BURNER? YOU CAN TAKE SMALL SQUARE/RECTANGLE PIECES OF WOOD AND BURN A OUTLINE OF A LOON ON THAT. ALL YOU NEED IS A STEADY HAND AND AN STENCIL.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    DO YOU HAVE A WOOD BURNER? YOU CAN TAKE SMALL SQUARE/RECTANGLE PIECES OF WOOD AND BURN A OUTLINE OF A LOON ON THAT. ALL YOU NEED IS A STEADY HAND AND AN STENCIL.
    No wood burner. A fairly steady hand. Where would I get a loon stencil?

And I hope I'm not derailing the thread but here's a site I found that might help with ideas. Check out

www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geo-creations
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    No wood burner. A fairly steady hand. Where would I get a loon stencil?

And I hope I'm not derailing the thread but here's a site I found that might help with ideas. Check out

www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geo-creations

I WOULD CHECK LOCAL CRAFT STORES OR PRINT SOMETHING OFF THE COMPUTER. WOOD BURNER YOU CAN GET THERE AS WELL OR WALL*E MART.

Those Are Some Good Ideas At That Site