vb:literal>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Craft Corner

why dont u make a small kayak and paint a loon on it

Maybe you can do what Misteelee does, Cardinal on a cliff. LOON on a Lake.
    It could be a loon sticker on a small square blue tile. How about a Loon head with their beautiful red eyes and a paddle in it's beak. Also. visit ebay, search loons.
    Maybe a Printed Loon ironed on to a Hankerchief, like PJpreb's bandanas.
    so many ideas!!!
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by ahbah View Post
    why dont u make a small kayak and paint a loon on it

Er... what part of "not crafty" don't you understand? I actually used to carve small lobster boats out of cedar or pine when I was a kid. But then I had an uncle who could do anything and he was there to watch and advise. But they took a long, long time to make. I'm thinking more like "mass production". Well, maybe not "mass" but I'd like to produce more than one signature item this winter. And I would like to have a different signature item each year. The winters are long up here. And I definitely can't paint. If I painted a loon it would probably look like a sick chicken.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Maybe you can do what Misteelee does, Cardinal on a cliff. LOON on a Lake.
    It could be a loon sticker on a small square blue tile. How about a Loon head with their beautiful red eyes and a paddle in it's beak. Also. visit ebay, search loons.
    Maybe a Printed Loon ironed on to a Hankerchief, like PJpreb's bandanas.
    so many ideas!!!
    Opalsns
    Now those ideas are more my speed! I have thought about glueing loons on something blue and that was a possibility when I could buy the small loons at Sherman's for 50 cents each. Now all I can find are $1.50 or $2.00 each. So questions here are:

1. Is there anywhere I can buy small, inexpensive loons?
    2. Where would I buy small blue tiles?
    3. Where can I buy loon stickers??
    4. How would I go about getting a printed loon to iron on to something?

I have searched E-bay before, got a few loons from there last year which I put in caches but they weren't exactly inexpensive. And I've serached the 'net for loons, stickers, etc. Maybe some crafty cacher will see what I need and direct me to it. I can glue with the best of them. And I probably could iron too although it's been a while....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

KL,
    Both Haffy and PJpreb could help you on the iron ons, and I'm going to do some crafty searches to see what loonage I can find. What ever you make WILL be awesome I'm sure.

Opalsns

KayakingLoon,
    I found these 2 auctions on ebay, just do a search on the number,...
    ... 150310801518 and 110313431827 .
    I could see you gluing these little babies to a blue flat glass marble like Mapachi uses.
    Opalsns

The best part of a sig item is the imperfections of the things u make if u want perfect u can but that stuff i as a rule just get an idea and statr working and let things go from there i'm not crafty but i like the stuff i make you could get a rubber stamp made and use sculpy to work from there stamps don't cost much

Ahbah,
    Is sculpy that foam stuff that hardens when it dries?

2. Where would I buy small blue tiles?
    Have you tried a local ceramic tile store? You might be able to pick up a 12" by 12" sheet of 2" tiles at a reasonable price.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    KayakingLoon,
    I found these 2 auctions on ebay, just do a search on the number,...
    ... 150310801518 and 110313431827 .
    I could see you gluing these little babies to a blue flat glass marble like Mapachi uses.
    Opalsns
    Those are the loons I bought last year. Since they were carved out of mushrooms (in China) they were a bit soft and also too big to glue on a half marble. Some had their wings falling off. And since they were soft, they would damage easily (life can be a bit rough inside a cache). And with all the bad press lately, I don't trust Chinese mushrooms...

Thanks for looking though!