vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you vote yet?

Question Did you vote yet?

Hope you all get out and enjoy your right to vote today. I am heading for the polls early and get it out of the way.
    Happy Trails!

Will vote after work today but I'll be there.

If you don't vote...don't complain!!

kids are off to school so me and the youngest went to vote and now we are back able to complete the rest of the day of sitting around enjoying a day off. did you know that congress originally made tuesday the day of voting because they did not want to interfere with any religious day of rest and november because most all the harvest would have been brought in by now. most people had to travel and stay overnight to where they voted. horseback was the main line of transportation so they would travel on monday, vote on tuesday and let their horse rest and go home on wednesday.

All done! Did it on my way to work. Lines were already getting crazy! Glad I'm all done.

Default First to Find Run or Vote?

First to Find Run or Vote?

That was my decision this morning. I had an 8:30AM court hearing (at the risk of bothering some I will disclose that I am a lawyer, I was not there for myself!) and had planned to vote before heading in town. As I was getting ready to leave the alert comes in.

OK, its a puzzle, probably I don't have time. Damn it looks easy. What is the terrain rating, I am in my court clothes and don't want to get too messy before court? Damn it looks like a park and grab. Oh well, I will try to vote later!

The cache is called POTUS, GC1HR2Q. Hit all sorts of traffic on my way in town and wound up sharing the FTF with DSKG. Still a great way to start the day. Won my court hearing, now to the dentist at 11AM and then to the polls on the way home.

(Update, voted after the dentist's appointment, no waiting, probably would have had a wait at 7AM, so another benefit of caching!)

I don't know if all the Starbucks are doing this, but when I got to the drive-in window in Bangor, the guy noticed my "voted today" sticker, and gave me my regular coffee for FREE! He said that they were doing it for all "tall" orders, but he gave me my "venti" gratis. Way cool.

I walked into the polls and saw the sign that said "Announce Your Name in a Loud Voice".

I said, "JOHN SMITH"! Everyone turned, looked at me, shook their heads, and the clerk gave me my ballot.

I got the sticker afterwards, too. Very efficient clerk, because she pounded the sticker several times to make sure it would not come off.

(Venti??? Venti???)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

(Venti??? Venti???)
    You can get an extra fifty cents for a coffee if you call it venti instead of medium.
    Good coffee though...

Going to stop by and vote on my way home from Work. I would have gone this morning but the polls did not open till 8 and I had to be in portland by 8:30.

Oh Ed, you shared our secret with the rest of the world! Well with only 2 of us, the caching community as a whole will be able us in order, maybe! And I would have gone for the FTF as well. (Voted last week!)

[quote=lexmano;47842]First to Find Run or Vote?

That was my decision this morning. I had an 8:30AM court hearing (at the risk of bothering some I will disclose that I am a lawyer,
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.