vb:literal>

Thread: Who pays for this stuff

Hybrid View

d’76 Guest

Default Who pays for this stuff

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember paying for a subscription to Geocaching Maine.

Who pays for the maintance and upgrades for the web site

I've also brought this up a couple of times...

But the answer is, attroll is footing the bill for now, and he says it isn't much. I've suggested taking up a collection at geocaching events, but he has declined.

I think Rick should be reimbursed his expenses, at least.

IMHO.

(And I don't dare bring up the idea of a dues paying Maine Geocaching Association again, no siree I'm not. No way. Nope. )

Rick shares this site with another servor of his at www.whiteblaze.net which is much larger than this site will probably ever be. And Bruce you finally said something that makes sense....lol But I too would be willing to come up with an annual dues or something just to help out with the website,,,,,,even if I don't have a job.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default fund raiser

Maybe at the next event we could have an auction or raffle. Everyone brings something, (small value $5.00) and we sell raffle tickets or have an auction. All the money raised goes towards site. Suggestions: geocoins, TB tags unactivated, signature cache items for the collection, hats, geocache books, or any questionable gag gifts. Make it fun. We also would be happy to pay a yearly dues to the site.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Great idea !!

A fund raiser sounds like it would be a nice way to help out our loyal
    "sponsor"

I would donate an item.... It's not much, but might be of interest because it's a one-of-a-kind thingy... (Artsy/crafty item) It is a geocache logo hand painted on a small slate tile. ( I was going to place it in our 1st cache as a FTF item.)

Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend the next event... Something could be arranged though.....you know where to find me if interested. lol
    Silva, of the forest

Beneath you, feel the Earth.
    Above you, feel the Sky.
    Around you, feel the presence and the Power
    of the Trees!

Default ohh...lots of ideas

Excellent ideas guys...maybe a silent auction would work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Rick shares this site with another servor of his at www.whiteblaze.net which is much larger than this site will probably ever be. And Bruce you finally said something that makes sense....lol But I too would be willing to come up with an annual dues or something just to help out with the website,,,,,,even if I don't have a job.
    Everything I say makes sense. It's up to YOU to be able to understand it!