vb:literal>

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Maine Geocoin

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yes, you as well as many others made suggestions. Some ideas were used, some were not. What I am saying is there should be one or two people to see the entire process though. From sending out feelers about the coin and it's entire process and a rough time line. If you read through that thread it's basically a free for all. And maybe that's good enough since it looks like there will be a coin, perhaps I just like more organization.

We all have ideas that get shot down. If you check many of my suggestions in other posts, you'll see many of my ideas didn't make it far either. But if you don't put your idea out there, you'll never know.

"The board" doesn't use a coin maker. We as a group do. It took a year to get this coin made, imagine how much longer it might have been if we had a discussion over changing the coin maker. Again, better reason for more organization.
    Brdad,
    I totally agree with you!!! ( Wow, imagine that!! )
    I learned alot today from all the posts re: the coin creation.
    Thanx
    Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    What I am saying is there should be one or two people to see the entire process though. From sending out feelers about the coin and it's entire process and a rough time line. If you read through that thread it's basically a free for all. And maybe that's good enough since it looks like there will be a coin, perhaps I just like more organization.

Again, better reason for more organization.
    I WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP OR BE PART OF A TEAM TO GET THIS MORE ORGANIZED FOR THE FUTURE COINS TO COME. ALL I NEED IS TO HAVE A OUTLINE OF WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Status check: Just wondering about the new Maine coin again...will it be a 2008 or 2009 coin? Did I miss when it will arrive/be sold? I do seem to miss many things and didn't want to miss out on this one....

No Dan, you didn't miss anything. It's totally me. I have the quotes from Coins & Pins and need to figure out the pricing. Was hoping to have it done last week, but that didn't happen.
    My thoughts on the '08 or '09 - I had initially thought that it would be better to switch to '09, but people said that they had some cool ideas for an '09 coin, so back to '08. Then someone said, coming out this late, it wouldn't really ship until Jan 09 and people wouldn't buy it as an "old" coin. So I don't know, what are others thoughts?

I'm in for calling it a 2008 coin seeing as how the design was done in 2008. I'm not looking for newness of a coin just neat design.

Thanks for doing all this work.

2008 coin is my vote. Lets get it done and I'll be a the first to order a bunch.

2009 coin. Lets get it going and I'll be the first volunteer for that one. Send in the designs and ideas. If we start now, who knows, it might be out by the spring or summer at the very least, ready for caching season.

I hate to sound like a gloomy Gus, but the economy is going south. We need to get these things done right away.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Well we could always make it a 2009 coin and then when you put together one for this coming year it would probably be towards the end of the year away ways so we could make that one 2010. Just a thought.
    Blazing Troll

Default 2008!

I'd make it 2008. Folks that collect will want to have one of EACH year in their collection and it would be odd for 2008 to have been "skipped." Put me down for 5 of the 2008 and 5 of the 2009's! I don't think it will make any difference when the coins are put in circulation. They'll be "new" to the geocaching world when the finally come out and they will sell, IMHO.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default 2009

Well, seeing as we have Maine 2005 and 2007 (having skipped 2006), 2009 seems logical to me - odds only... just like us

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    Well, seeing as we have Maine 2005 and 2007 (having skipped 2006), 2009 seems logical to me - odds only... just like us
    Reading what is happening with delivery of other folks coins lately which were finalized long before ours - I hold little hope for delivery in 2008......therefore perhaps it should be a 2009 coin ~ early this time.