vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Maine Geocoin

Default I'm for 2009

Put my vote in for it to be a 2009 coin. It won't be in anyones hands until then anyway. JMHO
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    Well, seeing as we have Maine 2005 and 2007 (having skipped 2006), 2009 seems logical to me - odds only... just like us
    Sheesh! I like this idea!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I like this idea!

Ditto

A couple of thoughts: Other states are already ready to go with thier own 2009 coins. Our 2008 coin will, indeed, probably seem "old" or "last year's" coin to those outside of Maine. That doesn't matter much to me, however. But it just seems natural in my mind that if these come out in 2009 they should probably say 2009 on them, pure and simple. I echo the others in that we had a 2005, 2007, and now a 2009.
    As far as new ideas for 2009, that's terrific that people are getting involved, submitting new ideas, etc. But I don't want to rush things needlessly....I hope we pay the same amount scrutiny as we have in the past (just not take so long to do it). Also, is Andy ready to do all this work all over again so soon? My vote is for 2009, unless, of course, it means more cost, more delays, new minting, etc.

Default Oh what the hey....

To me it seems symbolic of Maine to do things in Odd years. Then again, I spent much of my youth in Rumford. The old Rumford, when the sky was full of mill smoke (I thought it was fog, really ) When the Androscoggin river was covered in foam. (bank to bank, sometimes it had color ) and when it smelled like spoiled cabbage. This may have affected the way I think. Most things in Rumford have changed, but not the smell. It is a pretty area to cache in though. On a serious note, I feel gratefull to those individuals who spend so much of thier time to create coins, events and websites like this. It's activities like these that make Geocaching so much more than another hobby. As for the date, I say this: I will purchase the coins and enjoy the coins whether they say '2008' or '2009'. I just find it kind of neat to keep an every other year theme. I am still struggling to find a way to release coins into the wild and collect them at the same time. So sign me up for 5 (at least) and please assure me that they will not smell like a pulp mill. (Seriously, I thought it was fog!!)
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I like the idea of 2009....it's only a few weeks away, and those days where everyone is going to be really busy and spending money on other things. Plus we could stick with the odd year thing and take the "next year" off...and shoot for a 2011 coin.

I will volunteer for the next coin. Send in the ideas now and I'll start it off.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    A couple of thoughts: Other states are already ready to go with thier own 2009 coins. Our 2008 coin will, indeed, probably seem "old" or "last year's" coin to those outside of Maine. That doesn't matter much to me, however. But it just seems natural in my mind that if these come out in 2009 they should probably say 2009 on them, pure and simple. I echo the others in that we had a 2005, 2007, and now a 2009.
    As far as new ideas for 2009, that's terrific that people are getting involved, submitting new ideas, etc. But I don't want to rush things needlessly....I hope we pay the same amount scrutiny as we have in the past (just not take so long to do it). Also, is Andy ready to do all this work all over again so soon? My vote is for 2009, unless, of course, it means more cost, more delays, new minting, etc.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I Would Be Ok With A 2009 Coin. Will It Take Longer To Change It?

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    I Would Be Ok With A 2009 Coin. Will It Take Longer To Change It?
    Just erase the lower left part of the eight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Just erase the lower left part of the eight!
    How can you argue with that logic....