vb:literal>

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Maine Geocoin

I got the pricing from coins and pins on Friday. I need to finalize the total cost with shipping prices-paypal expenses, etc. Hope to have it out by this weekend, working 12 hours/day this week, so not in the next couple of days...

Goody, goody, goody!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

The 2008 Maine Geocoins STILL aren't ready?
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????.
    Ha!!!!!!!

Why don't we do a Geocache Maine Pathtag for next year? With the tough economic times; this would be much cheaper. I could donate some money for the initial minting, if others were interested as well and buy a bunch more, when they are done.
    Considering how long it took to decide on the 2007/2008 geocoin; we should discuss this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Why don't we do a Geocache Maine Pathtag for next year? With the tough economic times; this would be much cheaper. I could donate some money for the initial minting, if others were interested as well and buy a bunch more, when they are done.
    Considering how long it took to decide on the 2007/2008 geocoin; we should discuss this now.
    Great idea and a lot easier to manage I would think.
    Blazing Troll

Default Coin / Tag

I agree completely. I would be willing to donate my services as well. I have paypal accounts and organizational skills. I'm also one that will not let things go. I can be quite a pest about getting things done. I have too much to do to have things not done. As they say "If you need something done give it to a crazy man, or I mean a busy one."

Now before I start getting all kinds of hate mail. I know Sudonim has done a lot of great work and put in his time on this. I came in after all was said and done on the planning and all. I am just offering my services. Thats all.

Thank you and good night.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

IMHO - there is a huge difference between a pathtag and a trackable Geocoin. The coin you can track its travels on Geocaching.com.

The pathtag is usually a one shot deal. Picked up and kept. So these are great for folks to purchase if you just want SWAG. But not, if you want a trackable coin you can follow on GC.com. Many folks don't even know how to log pathtags. The map which you can see only shows who has them in possession - it doesn't track travels. And who will maintain the account - as ownership of the tag rests with the person who orders and pays for it unless it is transfered.

Some groups do both - for example - The Military Association of GeoCachers has pathtags which "members only" can purchase to put out. They, also, do Geocoins (most of which are highly collectable).

Pathtags and coins are not the same nor do they serve the same purpose to me.

I like the idea. We'd buy them as swag, advertise Maine as well.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Why don't we do a Geocache Maine Pathtag for next year?
    I like this idea, too, but separate from any Maine Geocoin production. I'd buy a few as swag...

Geocache Maine Pathtags for the even years and the odd years the Maine geocoins.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.