Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: 2008 Maine Geocoin

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Machias, Maine
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Geocache Maine Pathtags for the even years and the odd years the Maine geocoins.
    That sounds like a good idea....count me in for a few.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Freeport, Maine
    Posts
    241

    Default

    So once we get the pricing for the coins, how long will sale be open and how long will it take to get them? Not that I'm excited or anything...

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Sudonim ~ when you post the information about pricing on the coin - could you please post a link to or photo of the mint artwork or better yet samples? What metal are these being made in too? Thanks for your work on this!

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I have artwork (says 2008 for some reason...) and I am 'that close' to getting the pricing out. Last year people complained that the ordering window was too fast at 3 weeks. 1 month OK?

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Last year people complained that the ordering window was too fast at 3 weeks. 1 month OK?
    I think we need to make sure the coin availability is announced in the GeocachingMaine.org Newsletter EARLY in the sale period.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,543

    Default Te frame

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I have artwork (says 2008 for some reason...) and I am 'that close' to getting the pricing out. Last year people complained that the ordering window was too fast at 3 weeks. 1 month OK?
    I wondering how you want to work the ordering and payment thing?
    Payment to be made when order placed? I haven't done this before so I have no history with how you run the finance part.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I wondering how you want to work the ordering and payment thing?
    Payment to be made when order placed? I haven't done this before so I have no history with how you run the finance part.
    Don't worry we have done this three times in the past, We have this down to a fine art now or I should say Sudomin does. When Sudomin gets everything all fine tuned we will provide a link on the web site for ordering and paying through paypal or other means.
    Blazing Troll

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Don't worry we have done this three times in the past, We have this down to a fine art now or I should say Sudomin does. When Sudomin gets everything all fine tuned we will provide a link on the web site for ordering and paying through paypal or other means.
    I just wanted to know because I have been saving up for coins as soon as I found out about the new 2008 coin back in August. If we can oder them and then pay later it might make a difference how many I can get.

    I have almost $5 saved so far.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I have almost $5 saved so far.
    Hey that's great!!! You can get the front side of the coin this year and the backside next year.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Since the GCM has no treasury I doubt the order now, pay later idea would work. Most coin manufacturers require their money up front. Sudonim is a nice guy but I am not sure that generous with his wallet!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •