vb:literal>

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Maine Geocoin

I've used paypal for purchases on eBay for a few years with a very high level of confidence. It's easy to set up, it's secure and they have a "no hacking" policy.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I've used paypal for purchases on eBay for a few years with a very high level of confidence. It's easy to set up, it's secure and they have a "no hacking" policy.
    Sudonim has a PayPal account that he uses specifically for GeocachingMaine.org coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I just wanted to know because I have been saving up for coins as soon as I found out about the new 2008 coin back in August. If we can oder them and then pay later it might make a difference how many I can get.

I have almost $5 saved so far.
    jeez! I have a bag of soda bottles you can have, that'll get you another $3.75!!

I know that paypal has some issues with pay now, get the product later, but it's the only way I can flow the $2K+ that this will cost. I haven't had complaints in the past for this and I think it's how most (non flush-with-cash) groups do it.
    I'm done with the school bus contract now and (I know, I've said this before...) should have the final numbers very soon. Thanks all for your patience. (Sure would be nice to have coins to show people at GeoWoodstock).

Woooo HOOOO!!!!!

Coins are coming!!!!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

woohoo! we can't wait

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I know that paypal has some issues with pay now, get the product later, but it's the only way I can flow the $2K+ that this will cost. I haven't had complaints in the past for this and I think it's how most (non flush-with-cash) groups do it.
    I'm done with the school bus contract now and (I know, I've said this before...) should have the final numbers very soon. Thanks all for your patience. (Sure would be nice to have coins to show people at GeoWoodstock).

PayPal doesn't have a problem with Pay Now, get product later... How the heck would PayPal Know that? It's a web site .You send a money request to the email of the person, add the amount and check off " for Goods" . you shouldn't even have to pay taxes. We've put 2 coins out since you started the "2008" coin. There are others who have made more than that in the same time. I think your telling stories. LOL!!!!!!!!
    If your REALLY having a hard time getting the coin done, CHANGE VENDERS !!!!!!!

JMHO

Opalsns

Enough, already. It was a joke.

But thanks for your consideration and offers.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Enough, already. It was a joke.

But thanks for your consideration and offers.
    ?????????????????????????????WHAT????????????????? ??
    Oh you must be talking about The soda bottles comment!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    PayPal doesn't have a problem with Pay Now, get product later... How the heck would PayPal Know that? It's a web site .You send a money request to the email of the person, add the amount and check off " for Goods" . you shouldn't even have to pay taxes. We've put 2 coins out since you started the "2008" coin. There are others who have made more than that in the same time. I think your telling stories. LOL!!!!!!!!
    If your REALLY having a hard time getting the coin done, CHANGE VENDERS !!!!!!!

JMHO

Opalsns
    Paypal does have a problem with Pay Now - get it later - if the goods aren't delivered to the expectation of the buyer. Tsunrisebey has a story she has posted numerous places. I have also had my account frozen (for a media mail delivery which didn't arrive per the buyers expected time). It only takes one complaint and they have you are tied up, jumping through hoops for days (and in Tsun's case I think months), trying to get your money free. Having dealt with them - they do have real people - it is more than just a website.

If you live in Maine, are selling any goods - on line, in a store, through a catalog or otherwise and they are delivered in Maine they are subject to Maine Sales tax. The only exception may be personal property sold in an occasional yard sale. Maine Revenue services on line explains what it taxable and what is not.

Maine people who purchase from me on-line through Ebay pay Maine State sales tax. I believe this is one small piece of the coins which Sudonim has taken care of every year (as he is a retailer). And for that we are fortunate and thank you!
    Last edited by hollora; 04-09-2009 at 09:37 PM.