vb:literal>

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate 2008 (in 2009)

My husband wants to come too--huh, go figure. So I guess you'll get all of us. Sorry about that. lol

Default New Caches in Area

Mapachi and the Shuman Road Searchers are busy putting out caches. Is anyone coming to the area to cache in the morning? If so, I finally might pass the 900 mark if I go. I am not good with caching numbers, but THIS TIME I am quite sure I'm close to 900! I'll have to leave early to set up the school.

Also, some of you are talking about bringing your snowshoes. I don't have anything set up during the event time. Anyone thinking of going in the morning? I'm doing my best to get organized today.

By the way one of the new caches is called, "Kaching Karen's Apple." Thanks Mapachi! I feel famous.

Default My little tag

My little tag thingy below says, "895."

Is anyone bringing something for the kid's cache? I'm setting it up so that the kids bring dots back to the school for their prize. I never know how many to expect. I'm keeping it small this year.

I'd love to get a couple in the area before hand but it'll be hard to do with a 3 year old. I am going to stick to just trying to get 4 either LPC's or GRC's while down there so I can try and hit the 200 mark. We'll see.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Looks like Ethan and I should be able to make it up again this year. As for chaching in the am and possible snowshoeing, I am game but I need to find Ethan some warm clothes or I will have an issue.

If I get my hybrid working right I might go do a few in the are before hand. I just went out and found out that all the 3500 caches I downloaded didn't get anything except the coordinates. No description, no hints, no sizes, no attributes, nothing. So I'm going to spend some time trying to fix this and do a couple more today.

If I can help with anything down there let me know and I can make myself available.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Assault on Turkey Buzzard

Turkey Buzzard is a 4/4 rated cache off the Bond Brook Road in Augusta.
    Mapachi, Dblbogey11, DSKG and us are meeting there about noon to try to find it before the event.

It has poison ivy in summer, so this is the season. Also with the snow, it won't hurt so much if we fall off the cliff!! So if interested, come on by about noon.

I did this cache back in the fall. There are lots of small to medium rocks and loose logs on the ground so CAUTION will be the word for the day! Good luck because I think the terrain is a 5!!

It is really steep so be careful!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Turkey Buzzard

Have life flight stand by at parking area behind Don's Famous Franks! Or better yet, just get 3 dogs, small fries, small choc and skip the Himalayan like cache!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.