vb:literal>

Thread: Maine Pirate Quest - '09 - Sabbatical

Post Maine Pirate Quest - '09 - Sabbatical

This artile is being posted by hollora - collectively and in cooordination and collaboration with Cache Maine:

In 2006, a new event came on the Maine cache scene. It was a well choreographed production of a Maine Pirate Quest. An event with a twist of adventure, fun coins to discover, several contests and a spirited auction.

After success of the first event, another event of similar magnitude was held in 2008. The second event was a huge success, too. Folks traveled from afar and really enjoyed themselves.

This year, already, folks are asking about Maine Pirate Quest 2009. This post is to announce after conferring and by mutual agreement, the folks who worked hard to make this a reality have need for a sabbatical.

We thank you all for your support over two wonderful years. It was thrilling to see folks enjoy the day. If you never attended, but were looking forward to this year, regretfully you will have to wait until another one is held.

You are free to PM or EM either Cache Maine or me. Thanks for the memories!

I'm sad, but I don't blame you guys. Just from watching the web site I could tell that you put a lot into the event, and that can wear you down. You should be proud of what you have done, and I hope that you chose to do it again in the future.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Talking thanks for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I'm sad, but I don't blame you guys. Just from watching the web site I could tell that you put a lot into the event, and that can wear you down. You should be proud of what you have done, and I hope that you chose to do it again in the future.
    ditto.

(ditto isn't ten words, so I had to type all this so it would post)
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

The popularity of this premier geocaching event is such that when and if you hold the next one people will remember and return. This was no mere meet and greet...
    the amount of effort you guys put into it was so obvious. Thanks for the first two outstanding events and I certainly look forward to the time when you can do another!

Default Pirate Quest

This was the second event Di and I attended and we were amazed at all the activities, the costumes, the food, the auction... the whole deal. Lois went out of her way to make sure we were introduced to all who attended as we knew very few of the caching community at that point.

Lois is a fine example of what a good cacher should be.. understanding, helpful, and involved. While we all will miss the event this year, I'm sure we'll get to see the crow on Aaron's shoulder, the ladies in there Pirate getups and Lois and her family at another Pirate Quest sometime soon. Aye, matey!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I'm sure we'll get to see the crow on Aaron's shoulder, the ladies in there Pirate getups and Lois and her family at another Pirate Quest sometime soon. Aye, matey!
    Aarons crow is cool but I hear that Dave of Dave and Gail has a really cool parrot for the next pirate event

Careful,

Hollora Hates Crows !!!

Tee Hee!!

Opalsns

We Were Hoping To Go To This One This Time Coming. But If We Can Not Then We Will Wait Till When You Can Do It.