vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should caches that do not have a FTF be given hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    There are still some 'active' caches that were placed years ago and never found. 16 out of 62 caches in Russia were placed at least a year ago and never logged. This jem is from 2001 on the arctic coast.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...&log=&numlogs=

There is one on lake Baikal (the deepest lake in the world, holding 1/5 of all the worlds fresh water) that was placed in 2003, and after many DNF's, was found this summer for the first time.
    There are only 62 caches in Russia?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

That cache First in Lake Baikal is an interesting read for sure. GCGEKX. Enjoyed checking it out. Thanks. They must just have been elated to have found that one.

Whatever we feel we SHOULD be doing, the reality is that this is how people play the game. If that's how someone plays, I am not going to deny them the find. BTW nobody has ever called me for a hint on anyone else's cache, but I know that people have called other people for hints on my caches, and I have no problem with it. A hint for FTF is completely under the control of the hider, and whatever they do is fine. If you are keeping notes and you know you're the first one to find it without a hint, then count it as one of your FTFs. Nobody can dispute that.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    That cache First in Lake Baikal is an interesting read for sure. GCGEKX. Enjoyed checking it out. Thanks. They must just have been elated to have found that one.
    I have a friend that used to teach Russian, her husband was my best friend in H.S. After reading about that cache, I thought it would be a blast (and totally out of my budget!) to take the Trans-Siberian Railway with them and stop of at Lake Baikal for a few days, take in the sights and hit that cache.

Default Russian Cache

Count me in, Andy. Who's bringing the Vodka?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.