Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Nominations for Board Members

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canaan , Maine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Nope, Bruce declines. I seem to have become a lightning rod for the Advisory Board, which I think detracts from it's purpose. I'm certainly not going to change.

    Men of steel shouldn't be out in thunder storms !!!!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    753

    Wink bruce is always shocking us

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Nope, Bruce declines. I seem to have become a lightning rod for the Advisory Board, which I think detracts from it's purpose. I'm certainly not going to change, so I'm pretty sure I can enjoy GeocachingMaine.org much more as "just a member".

    Since I nominated her, I throw my unconditional support behind Medawisla as a new Advisory Board member. She's done a fantastic job on the monthly newsletter, and would add a "female perspective" to the board.

    Glad to hear you'll stick around to harrass us and be harrassed even if not as a board member.

    And what is with the "female perspective" comments everyone? I thought our female members have been doing a fine job being heard on various topics and forum discussions...but whatev, just happy to help, I guess...

    Too bad Sunday is the 7th, I don't think Karen will be on until after our camping trip this weekend...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    And what is with the "female perspective" comments everyone? I thought our female members have been doing a fine job being heard on various topics and forum discussions...
    True, but the Advisory Board often holds discussions "out of sight" of the regular member forums, where we bounce ideas off each other. I'm talking about adding a female perspective there. For example, we might be talking about how Brdad's new hairpiece looks, and a female perspective would be valuable.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Augusta, Maine
    Posts
    815

    Default Board Nomination

    Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to "hold out for more money." No, seriously, I wanted to find out some more details from current board members before I threw my hat into the ring.

    I accept. Do I have to do an acceptance speech now? I'm speechless.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    True, but the Advisory Board often holds discussions "out of sight" of the regular member forums, where we bounce ideas off each other. I'm talking about adding a female perspective there. For example, we might be talking about how Brdad's new hairpiece looks, and a female perspective would be valuable.
    I think what Bruce is saying is that we'd have to put out the cigars and put in a flower vase or two in the board room

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I think what Bruce is saying is that we'd have to put out the cigars and put in a flower vase or two in the board room
    And clean up the language a bit...

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    2,112

    Thumbs up Show your support and vote for the new board.

    Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    ...I will gladly resign my position to anyone else who wants to volunteer to help lead our group...
    As promised, I want to withdraw from the election and allow more people to enjoy this leadership role.

    I also want to thank everyone for thier support and I hope we can all rally around the new board.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,059

    Default

    I hope this doesn't mean you can't help me with my toupee anymore.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oakland, Maine
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to "hold out for more money." No, seriously, I wanted to find out some more details from current board members before I threw my hat into the ring.

    I accept. Do I have to do an acceptance speech now? I'm speechless.
    Do we get a campaign promise???
    Geocaching Parrotheads

    Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Advisory Board View Post
    Nominations will be taken until December 7th at 12 PM. Elections will be set up shortly after and run through to the end of December when the votes will be tallied.

    #############################

    Nominated and accepted:

    Brdad - Dave
    Ekidokai - Mike
    Kaching Karen - Karen
    Medawisla - Steph
    Sudonim - Andy
    Anyone want to withdraw to make this election thing easy?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •