vb:literal>

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for Board Members

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    What is ironic is 32 people felt the need for an election, yet no more than two of those 32 have nominated themselves or accepted their nomination as of yet.
    I agree, that is ironic. I'm wondering though, given the two choices in the poll that were available, voters might have opted to vote to have an election, when really, they were voting for a "change." A possible third option could have been whether the board was essential at this time. It would have been interesting to see how things came out. Obviously, it can't be changed now, but since this is a public forum, it is still possible to see how the active members feel.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    What is ironic is 32 people felt the need for an election, yet no more than two of those 32 have nominated themselves or accepted their nomination as of yet.

well, that could be answered quite simply with a quote from Groucho...

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I don't know how anyone else feels about if the Board is essential or not. As the webmaster it has come in handy over the last 6 months in making a few web site decisions. It gives me people to bounce things off.

Speaking for myself here:
    As far as whether the board was essential at this time being an option on the voting poll, no one ever brought that up that I saw in the thread we started asking if we should have re-elections. If that had been brought up then I am sure we would have made that an option.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Also, it seems pretty odd that there are three current board members on the "awaiting accept/decline" list. What's holding them back?
    I accept the nomination!

And, if elected, I will gladly resign my position to anyone else who wants to volunteer to help lead our group.

I hope more folks consider or reconsider; it's been a fun and rewarding experience and I know you'll enjoy it.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

I accept as well.
    I have been waiting to see who else threw their hats into the ring. Not as many as I would have thought. There are many people out there with really good ideas. I know it's a busy time of year, but think about stepping up and putting your name in. Many new members with new ideas keep an organization evolving (and interesting!)

Default Sunday is the last day!

Not much time left.

Bruce, karen?

And there has to be some of you who voted for a new board who aren't scared!

And a few who opted out who are willing to reconsider?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Some Serious

Personally, have to default to a comment made by another member ~ I'm wondering though, given the two choices in the poll that were available, voters might have opted to vote to have an election, when really, they were voting for a "change."

A possible third option could have been whether the board was essential at this time. It would have been interesting to see how things came out. Obviously, it can't be changed now, but since this is a public forum, it is still possible to see how the active members feel.

5 people have chosen to step up,
    I'm sure Bruce will accept, He's just being FASHIONABLY late. I hope Karen accepts also. Many worthy folks have honorablly declined. We only need to vote for 4.
    Even if Bruce and Karen don't accept, we still have enough to vote.
    Then bring up concerns of a needed board . Ask for change ideas after the vote is done.Then do a poll.
    Cache Maine has a EXCELLENT point reguarding it's need, but now that's a seperate issue.
    In reguards to the hundreds of folks that didn't vote, 100s of those names are spammers, and 100s aren't active anymore.For Example, ... I've been trying to contact CraftyCashers since they muggled my Trout TB. They're not active. Get rid of them. Clean up the membership list and I'm sure the numbers will make more sense.

JMHO,
    Opalsns

I Have Got To Say That If There Was No Board Then There Would Most Likely Be No Website For Us To Talk On. Yeah We Could Go To Some Other Site To Do This But This Is Our Site And A Board Is Essential In Making Things Happen For The Site.if We Wait For Members To Make Every Desision Then Nothing Would Get Done. Desolving The Board Would Be The Worst Decision This Group Could Make. If There Are Any More Nominations Lets Get Them In So Those Nominee's Can Accept Or Decline And We Can Move On To The Election. Time Is Running Out !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    5 people have chosen to step up,
    I'm sure Bruce will accept, He's just being FASHIONABLY late.
    Opalsns
    Nope, Bruce declines. I seem to have become a lightning rod for the Advisory Board, which I think detracts from it's purpose. I'm certainly not going to change, so I'm pretty sure I can enjoy GeocachingMaine.org much more as "just a member".

Since I nominated her, I throw my unconditional support behind Medawisla as a new Advisory Board member. She's done a fantastic job on the monthly newsletter, and would add a "female perspective" to the board.