vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maine’s Alphanumeric Cache Challenge, GC1JJ38

Hybrid View

Default Maine’s Alphanumeric Cache Challenge, GC1JJ38

This cache has had a very quiet page. I expected folks would be stating their status and someone would have grabbed the First to Find honors by now. Perhaps everyone is trying stay under the radar.

There presently is no active Maine cache fulfilling the zero (0) requirement, hopefully one is in the works. There was no cache fulfilling 9, but I published one Wednesday.

So using the wildcard for 0, someone could be complete. I picked up 6 last night and now need 0, 7, 9, X & Z. The only active Z cache in the state is Ziploc Zombie, so I will be stopping by there on my way to log the final, as will several of my friends from So. ME.

If the stars and moon align perfectly, I might be at the final sometime Sunday night. It is a long shot, but what to hey gotta shoot for the moon!

So has anyone else checked their finds to see where they are?

Yea!!! Ziploc Zombie! Woo hoo! I should come up with a zero one...I'll have to think about that.

Just checked my cache logs and i need 7, 9, 0. I have all the letters. Using the wild card for zero where would you find 7 & 9? Should I say how do you do a search for the whereabouts of 7&9?

I used GSAK to place my unfound Maine caches in alphanumeric order.

The 9 cache should show up in new hides in Maine as it was placed Wednesday in Portland, ME.

The 7 cache is in the Augusta area along the rail trail. There is another 7 cache near Augusta, but it is temporarily disabled. Maybe it will spring to life.

I think the 0 will be in the Windham area.

0, 4, 6 and 9 were ones I did not have. I hadn't read the changes in the cache with the "wildcard". The day I made my list - 9 was the one which was exempt (because there wasn't one) but I saw no published cache with a zero either.

Although I will be driving through Portland tomorrow, I doubt I will stop - although I would love to grab the 9 - as I am making a mad dash to Boston for other reasons.

Cache Maine isn't it great you put out Zip Loc!! And don't forget my x-tra light.

Fun challenge especially with the numbers added. I'll get it done - just maybe not as quickly as some.

It was fun looking over all the caches I have completed. My list is short enough so it didn't take that long.

I have ten letters and numbers to get to complete this challenge. I might just have to go caching this weekend.

I have all the letters done, and two of the numbers I need are not too far north of Bangor. That leaves a road trip to Cape Elizabeth and a couple of others. Maybe in the next two or three months...

Looks like FTF has been co-found.

We are missing 5,7,9,0 x and z.
    This may be a challenge we can actually finish. Just have to head north for a few

We are needing x, z, o, 3,4,5,6,7, and 9
    Hmmmmmm, now to figure out how to get those.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Default Come Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I have all the letters done, and two of the numbers I need are not too far north of Bangor. That leaves a road trip to Cape Elizabeth and a couple of others. Maybe in the next two or three months...
    I have all of the letters already but only two of the numbers. If I use the wildcard for zero I'll need 6 more caches. As soon as the ice and snow are gone....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows