vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trapping season

Default Traps

Last year we had coyote traps on the road back of us. And when those were gone, bobcat traps were set. We had to walk the neighbor's dog on a leash because the bait smelled so good. I really don't like trapping at all, even if a friend of mine was once head of the Maine Trappers' Association. The rule around here is "if it moves, kill it". My rule is more like "if it moves, feed it".....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Thanks for all the concerned comments. Tiny is doing find and is sitting in my lap as I type this message. He is a very lucky dog, and how he didn't break his leg I'll never know, for this was a #4 double spring leg hold trap design to trap animals the size of coyotes. He was in the trap no longer then five minutes at the most, but had already chewed on the trap so hard that his teeth were bleeding and his face was covered in blood.

I am sorry. Regardless of him being ok, something like that is very hard and nerve wracking to experience. I for one know that pets become like children to you. I am glad all is ok.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    How'd you cook it? Di and I stir fried a possum and it was chewy, like raccoon.
    I USE TO ROAST THEM WITH POTATOES AND HOMINY