vb:literal>

Thread: Highpointing?

Default Highpointing?

Not entirely off topic but thought I would put it here anyway. Wondered if anyone has tried it. Highpointing that is. I want to pursue this next year and wondered if anyone here was involved. I learned about it in an outdoor active pursuits article and that eventually led me to cohp.org. It seems like it requires a lot more permissions than hiking the public trails but it looks fun.
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Quote Originally Posted by djgray1200 View Post
    Not entirely off topic but thought I would put it here anyway. Wondered if anyone has tried it. Highpointing that is. I want to pursue this next year and wondered if anyone here was involved. I learned about it in an outdoor active pursuits article and that eventually led me to cohp.org. It seems like it requires a lot more permissions than hiking the public trails but it looks fun.
    It looks real interesting. A little more complex that Peakbagging. I still have a goal of hitting every 4000+ peak in Maine. I've reached 3 (Sugarloaf, Katahdin Baxter peak, Katahdin Hamlin peak) and have 11 more to go. A couple even have caches close to the tops.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Cool haven't done it

Quote Originally Posted by djgray1200 View Post

I think this page is saying that they allow the use of the GPS to determine elevation, cool!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    This will take you to the highest poitns by county in the state of Maine... be great to have a cache on each one. http://www.peakbagging.com/Peak%20Lists/MEco2.html
    A new list of "Things to do in 2009 "
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

www.viewsfromthetop.com and http://highpointers.org/ are 2 good sources of information about high points in each state of the US. also, viewsfromthetop has information on lists about highest points or highests peaks in new england, all the 3000 ftr lists, 4000 ftr lists etc .... my significant other spends alot of time bagging these peaks if you want information on it, contact onestep. also, highpointer and docross, are NH geocachers that are other good sources of information on highpointing aka his geocache name