vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 - Hancock County Relay for Life - Cachers Who Care!

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I would love to purchase a pathtag! Are you coming to the WWWWW5?
    I'll be there with the Relay For Life pathtags......just walk right up and tell me you'd like to buy one. 100% of the money goes to Relay For Life.

That was fantastic Danel,

I have participated in the walk in Vermont in Essex 1997-1998-1999. I walked with the Essex Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary Team. It was held at the fair grounds and was a great experience.

Thanks for reposting the link I will sign up tonight so you wont have to pester me any more. LOL. Its the least I can do after you moved the date just for me. LOL.

Update... I had a little trouble finding the team. The name is Maine Geocachers not Cachers that care as I thought it might be from the post. If I missed the name I'm sorry. I just wanted to drop a note if anyone else had trouble finding it.

Update #2... Fund raising has started. I have sent out mail to many of my contacts asking for help. I am also going to add a link to my websites and I'll start canvasing businesses that I know.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Right on! That's just how to do it. I met my goal of $250 in just one day last year but sending out an email to my friends and family. They went to the site and donated (secure) online. It was that easy! And it felt good last year being at the event as a geocacher group....big-hearted geocachers doing something nice in the community. And who knows....we may just recruit some new geocachers to join the sport.

Thumbs up Time to think about Joining the Fun or Donating

Time for a reminder to folks about this event. More are welcome to join our team - or of course, general donations would be accepted. Click here for the link to our Relay and Team page.

You may join or make a donation from this link. If you have any questions - the link will let you ping the team members and contact any one of us.

This, of course, is not an "officially sanctioned" Geocaching event or fund raiser but certainly one which is very important to may of us. I have always said, it is not if, or will, cancer will touch your life - it is how or when. From it being personal, with a family member or friend, to it being now or years from now........it will effect your life, sometime, somewhere, somehow."

I stated in nursing school in the late 60s. The definite changes in care, therapies, modalities, quality of life, prognosis and much more have all changed by leaps and bounds. It is my sincere belief a lot of this has taken place because of the efforts of the American Cancer Society and their fund raising efforts such as Relay for Life.

The economy is tough but if we all work together to just give a little - a little will make a lot. If you each have nine friends who will give a dollar with you - that is $10.00........and that means a lot. Please consider coming together with friends to walk - but even if you can't - maybe just consider making a donation to our team, your friends........

Remember - we're all in this life together. We can do stuff alone but it's a lot more fun to have friends beside you and supporting you.

Questions - shoot them to any member of the team or the Capt. EMSDanel. Thanks to everyone for your support - being with us, financial or even if you can't help in any other way than to say - "I wished I could this year - maybe next year."

Other Team Members - your thoughts?!

Thumbs up We will be there..

Kathie and I plan to be there again this year. Hoping to stay all night this time. LA, were you planning another after event for the cachers this year? I heard no mention so I figured not.
    Happy Trails!

Default Looking forward to it!

Di and I are coming. Not sure about Nick and Bo. Are dogs okay?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Not so much.

I know last year that they were not allowed on the track. I guess this was because of something that had been a problem in previous years. Dan, Lois?? I'm not sure what I will do with my two either Dan.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Kathie and I plan to be there again this year. Hoping to stay all night this time. LA, were you planning another after event for the cachers this year? I heard no mention so I figured not.
    Hey Mainiac1957 - happy to hear you are joining us! No event this year - the area where we had it has been taken over with school construction.

Maybe we could get a group together for a cache run after the closing ceremonies and car pool......any interest?

I will email Dan and ask to confirm, but I believe, because this is school property and past issues, there was a No Dogs rule (even on leash).

Dan has replied and this is a National policy......

"The national policy for Relay is "no pets at all". No dogs, ferretts, rabbits, etc."