vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 - Hancock County Relay for Life - Cachers Who Care!

I haven't been here for a few days and missed all this about the ferrets. But Jake, using ferrets to clean chimneys...now there's a thought. Ferret on a stick. Sounds like Chineese, doesn't it?

OK, everyone, we're down to the last few days. The Relay For Life in Ellsworth is this Friday/Saturday, June 5th and 6th. We have a Maine geocachers team walking in the Relay, camping overnight, and raising money for the American Cancer Society. Do you know someone who has been affected by cancer? Of course you do...

You can help our team by going to www.relayforlife.org/hancockme and making a tax deductable donation online (secure) to sponsor any one of our team members. Go to the link above, click on "Donate" and search for our team Maine Geocachers. There you will find the list of who is participating. You can also just donate to the team instead of an individual. The money goes to help fund cancer research and programs that directly help cancer patients...free wigs for chemo patients, free rides to their treatments,etc. We have until Friday....could you help us? Thanks from the team!

Are you thinking of joining our team at the Relay for Life in Ellsworth? Here are the theme laps. Come have some fun with us! Note that the team theme is at 7:00. Not sleeping well? Then join us for some after-midnight laps!

4-5pm- Luau/Tropical Theme-

5-6pm- Country Western Theme-

6-7pm- Opening Ceremony/ Survivor and Caregiver Lap.

7-8pm- Team Theme

8-9pm- Fight Back Ceremony followed by Prom Theme

9-10pm- Holding Hands Theme
    10pm-12am- LUMINARIA CEREMONY
    12-1am- Midnight Madness Theme

1-2am- Creatures of the Night
    2-3am- Pajama Theme

3-4am- Inside Out/ Upside Down

4-5am- Crazy Hats

5-6am- Grab Your Mug Theme

6-7am- Red/White/Blue Theme

7-8am- International Theme
    8-9am- Phone A Friend
    9-10am- Closing Ceremony

Wow, what a good time I had. Walked some, eat good food, dressed up a little and some great fellowship.

I just wish people would eat more. I brought a whole cooler full of stuff and we hardly touched any of it. Next year I'm going to start cooking stuff right at the beginning and people can take what ever they want as they come and go. Also I'll have to add fruit for those twig eaters out there.

Eclectic Penguin's The Quest To Discover coin was passed to me by "Trick or Treat".

Had a little recovery time and now off to the next adventure.

I ha a great time at the Relay for life. We had a lot of food and I brough a cooler full that no one hardly touched. Next year I'll start cooking right at the sytart and then people can get what they want as they come and go. I'll even have fruit for those twig eaters.

I also received te Electric Penguin from "Trick or Treat", two lovly ladies. The Penguin likes me.

Now after some recovery time, on to the next adventure.

Yeah I know. Repeat. I used the back button and didn't see the post had already gone through.

Sue me.

Oh crap! I forgot about the lawyers.

Yes, Relay was amazing and Ekidokai's recovery time much shorter than mine. I will post a bit later.

Thank you one and all.

Relay means different things to different folks. We were each there to raise money for the American Cancer Society, but in addition, I am sure each of us was there for some personal reasons too.

Team members all arrived at different times. The photo linked here was taken just before opening ceremonies and the Survivor walk. Sorry it is the only group shot I have.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...a/GEDC0065.jpg

Very nice!

Well team.....
    All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your efforts to raise dollars for the American Cancer Society through our Relay For Life. You know, there are many great causes out there, all worthy, and all important. But this one....the American Cancer Society...it's because of the dollars raised at Relays around the world that are truly making a difference. The research funded by Relays is why I am alive today and can speak to you. If my cancer was detected 20 years ago, I would not be speaking today and would not be able to swallow food. I can tell you first hand that tasting and swallowing food is such a joy and such an important part of each and every day. Being able to speak, well, perhaps I use that privilege way too much. If my cancer had been detected 30 years ago I would not be alive today. The research funded by Relay has meant new and successful chemo drugs, new radiation technology (like I recieved), and a survival rate that has improved dramatically in recent years.
    I'm very proud that geocachers from around the state got together and raised $4,000 for this event. We came, we camped, we shared stories, and we walked around the track...united in the effort. Karen brought some great costumes and Dawn from Trick or Treat won an award for one of the theme laps. Salute!
    Thanks, team, you did a wonderful job. I hope to see you all next year!