vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leave No Trace (LNT)

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    That's the last time I'll ever post a to a serious thread again. You literally sh*t all over it.
    Take some deep breaths . . . in, out, in, out. All is good in the world.

Your point was well made and I agree with you -- some folks may go a bit too far in their camouflage in their caches. Using fake doo-doo (which I assume is what you encountered -- hopefully it wasn't the real thing) is a bit over the top and to me is most definitely not the right image you want to portray in caching.

However, these threads often have a way of diverging from the main topic and sometimes you just got to go with the flow of things . . . either that or flush this topic.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    My vote is for #1 beech as it is always present, #2 basswood in season due to the large leaves and #3 *a tie between oak and maple since they're the closest thing to being "squeezably soft" out there on a tree that I can think of.

Spruce with its sharp thorns is quite a ways down the list . . . but above poison ivy (I know, I know, not technically a "tree") but definitely not something I would use.
    i personally hate it when you find yourself in a pine forest and you've only got shorts and a tshirt and no socks... so there's no hope in spare clothing and ya just have to resort to the the good ol' left hook... thank God for purell hand sanitizers
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    i personally hate it when you find yourself in a pine forest and you've only got shorts and a tshirt and no socks... so there's no hope in spare clothing and ya just have to resort to the the good ol' left hook... thank God for purell hand sanitizers

Ummmmmm....... OK?

What about the bottom of you tee shirt

That's the last time I'll ever post a to a serious thread again. You literally sh*t all over it.
    I believe we are serious! Even for those of us who actually practice "cache in/trash out", there are times when it becomes necessary to "leave something". But your comment is well taken. We should make sure that any "deposits" are covered with piles of sticks so that they aren't obvious.

Question Piles of sticks?

You mean like the piles of sticks that are covering 90% of the caches out there. Hmmm.... I guess I need to poke those piles before I bare hand them in the future. Just in case you got there before me.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sorry. We understand that you people from the "big city" are scared stiff that you may get stuck in the woods with the "I gotta go" syndrome. Relax! The fresh air is GREAT! LOL!

You know... That might be a great discusion topic for another thread: the pros and cons of various foliage...
    I didn't say I didn't do it - just that I wouldn't share the details - LOL
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Leave no trace

well i went to the perkins and looked for the cache and all i found was poop here and poop there someone even made this nice lil poop shelter right next to the trail. Ps. I didn't find the cache but found plenty of women. god i love that cache

Red face No it wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Using fake doo-doo (which I assume is what you encountered -- hopefully it wasn't the real thing)
    Sorry I was a little vague. The Team came across a multi stage cache where the coords were written ( in sharpie ) on a bridge, a sign and a rock. These natural and man made features were not put there to be defaced, for the purpose of caching. Thanks for listening.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Leave no trace

Well It stuck to my feed most was dog poop

Sorry I was a little vague. The Team came across a multi stage cache where the coords were written ( in sharpie ) on a bridge, a sign and a rock. These natural and man made features were not put there to be defaced, for the purpose of caching. Thanks for listening.
    K filled me in. Sounds like a bad way to set up a cache. The guy was new, but still.....