vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leave No Trace (LNT)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hmmm . . .

all i can say to your story is....

and i'm glad it all came out ok in the end.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    all i can say to your story is....

and i'm glad it all came out ok in the end.
    That has to be the crappiest story I have ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Wow - Holy smokes - I think I have met my match for sharing details - LOL.
    Not sure I needed to know all that - a suggestion to bring toilet paper would have been sufficient.
    Sorry. We understand that you people from the "big city" are scared stiff that you may get stuck in the woods with the "I gotta go" syndrome. Relax! The fresh air is GREAT! LOL!

You know... That might be a great discusion topic for another thread: the pros and cons of various foliage...

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sorry. We understand that you people from the "big city" are scared stiff that you may get stuck in the woods with the "I gotta go" syndrome. Relax! The fresh air is GREAT! LOL!

You know... That might be a great discusion topic for another thread: the pros and cons of various foliage...
    Being in a cedar bog might pose a problem, Evergreens wouldn't work well, you know the pine cones and all

You guys crack me up! Thanks for the laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Wow - Holy smokes - I think I have met my match for sharing details - LOL.
    Not sure I needed to know all that - a suggestion to bring toilet paper would have been sufficient.
    My life is an open book . . . or at least fair game for my humor column. As my Mom said just the other day . . . "You know when you write these things in your column you make us look stupid and you make yourself look dorky." Anything for a laugh Mom!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    That has to be the crappiest story I have ever heard
    Well I am currently working on a humor column about bathrooms . . . kind of a tell-all tale . . . like revealing how many men do not wash their hands after doing their business or how we men never, ever debase ourselves by using those disposable toilet seat covers . . . This may eventually be the crappiest story you have ever read . . . but at least I'm not hanging out underneath outhouses "looking for my wedding ring."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Angry Thanks!

That's the last time I'll ever post a to a serious thread again. You literally sh*t all over it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?

My vote is for #1 beech as it is always present, #2 basswood in season due to the large leaves and #3 *a tie between oak and maple since they're the closest thing to being "squeezably soft" out there on a tree that I can think of.

Spruce with its sharp thorns is quite a ways down the list . . . but above poison ivy (I know, I know, not technically a "tree") but definitely not something I would use.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    You guys crack me up! Thanks for the laughs!
    Sheesh! What do we have to worry about - other than what foliage is available (and the number of mosquitoes)? You have to worry about snakes, aligators, fire ants, and probably a lot more! LOL!