vb:literal>

Thread: Geocaching Events on State Group Pages

Default Geocaching Events on State Group Pages

FYI - nearly every state has either one or a couple of Geocaching Forums where folks go to talk, get news or find out about events. Of course, we all should know - the "Official Site" is Geocaching.com!

How do the magical posting to front pages or event pages on State website pages get there? It is through persons who either are members, mods or have permission to do so. Here on the Maine site it is a great volunteer who is anonymous. On the Granite State Site, it is several folks (by state) who have been selected by the site owner. And so on.........

One of the reasons I am posting this as a thread is to let you know, although you may not have published it on Geocaching.com - if you have a date and a plan - it is not to early to let folks know. I, for one, do the events on the NH site. To be highlighted on the Podcast, we need then in before the end of the month. The last Podcast of the month talks about all the New England events for the following month.

I did get the Cabin Fever Event posted on the webpage in NH but it would have gotten some more talk had it been posted sooner. Sure to realize sometimes that is not possible - it had been talked but I did not dare post.

If anyone is planning an event - has not posted it yet - but would like it placed on the NH webpage - please email me. I would be happy to post it for you.

Events are a special part of geocaching. Some people like the events as much or better than caches. Events are a social time open to all. If you have any questions about events - please do not hesitate to ask.

Thumbs up ditto for the newsletter

Thanks for the offer Hollora!

I just want to put it out there that similarly the Newsletter gets reviewed a week before it's released for the month. If you have an event, whenever in the future, tentative or set in stone, that you want some publicity for, all you got to do is either send me a PM with info or post about it in a thread and I'll pick up on it that way.

Party on! Cache on!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Thanks for the bump - Medawisla. Yup, just like you - contact me via any method or post it here. If you would like to get it on the NH podcast - let me know and I can fill you in on the how toos........

Cache On - Cache Happy!