vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nuvi Experiences

Something to add.

I have been trying to upload the Maine caches into my Nuvi 200 for a while. I didn't know that only the 50 closest caches were displayed. I kept trying different ways to upload the files and could only see 50 of them. Today I tried spelling a cache out that I wanted to go to and that's when I discovered that I had them all 3500 in there.

I have tried the pedestrian feature and it seems to work well. I will probably still use the Magellan to pin point the cache as the Nuvi gets me there.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Nuvi Fun

One additional thing I like about my Nuvi 200 (late 2008 model) is the "tour guide" mode. As you drive around it will chime as near a custom POI, i.e. caches you loaded from GSAK. Also go to the garmin website and download the extra holiday voices and car icons there.. Fun for the kids for sure..

Default Nuvi Macro

I recently downloaded the newest version of GSAK and now my Nuvi macro barely works. Anybody else having this issue?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I'm real new at this and just downloaded al the programs a week ago and everything seems to be working fine.

Make sure you have the latest version of POI Loader. You should also be checking on the macros you are running to make sure you have the latest updates there as well.

http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

http://gsak.net/board//MacroIndex.php
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I recently downloaded the newest version of GSAK and now my Nuvi macro barely works. Anybody else having this issue?
    I haven't been able to get it to work at all. It says I have downloaded the over 3000 caches from GSAK into the poiloader and then when I go to see how many that were loaded into my NUVI it says only 8. And those were just ones that I have created in my favorites folder anyway. I have installed and uninstalled everything numerous times to no avail. Anyone with any insight as to what I might be doing wrong?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I haven't been able to get it to work at all. It says I have downloaded the over 3000 caches from GSAK into the poiloader and then when I go to see how many that were loaded into my NUVI it says only 8. And those were just ones that I have created in my favorites folder anyway. I have installed and uninstalled everything numerous times to no avail. Anyone with any insight as to what I might be doing wrong?
    When I first started I had a similar problem. I could only see fifty caches, then I tried to spell one out and I found I had all of them. Something odd about the Nuvi it only shows so many that are close by.

how do you get it to do pedestrian and not a car? I don't see that feature on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    When I first started I had a similar problem. I could only see fifty caches, then I tried to spell one out and I found I had all of them. Something odd about the Nuvi it only shows so many that are close by.
    As I stated in the Unfound Caches PQ discussion, (which I still need to update ), this is not odd behavior. At first it seems to be, but all the GPSrs I am aware of - when you search for nearest, it only displays a limited number of caches. As soon as you list by name, they all show up. I believe my 'Ol Yeller only displays the nearest 9 caches. And it kind of makes sense, since it would be a few hours scrolling if you were looking for the nearest 2000th cache. Not much need for it in the field either - But if you wanted to know the 2000th nearest cache, use GSAK. For me, that'd be Fletchers Ravine (GC12Q0M) by The Fletchers and the Blazing Trolls (2/3)

Quote Originally Posted by racatv View Post
    how do you get it to do pedestrian and not a car? I don't see that feature on mine.
    On the 255W, it's tools - settings - system. Then click on Usage Mode to select Automobile, Bicycle or Pedestrian. Your mileage may vary. Batteries Not included. Vehicle shown with all available options.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thanks Got It!!