vb:literal>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Nuvi Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    But if you wanted to know the 2000th nearest cache, use GSAK. For me, that'd be Fletchers Ravine (GC12Q0M) by The Fletchers and the Blazing Trolls (2/3)
    Sheesh! Why am I not surprised that you know this! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Why am I not surprised that you know this! LOL!
    It's not that hard. The easiest non-macro way to do this is just scroll down, right click a cache and select "Show current row number". It'll be some trial and error to get to exactly 2000, but it can be done this way.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It's not that hard. The easiest non-macro way to do this is just scroll down, right click a cache and select "Show current row number". It'll be some trial and error to get to exactly 2000, but it can be done this way.
    True, but I try to keep less than 1000 caches in GSAK so I can load the whole file in the GPSr.

Sometimes it's really hard to filter out just the caches you want.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I recently downloaded the newest version of GSAK and now my Nuvi macro barely works. Anybody else having this issue?
    Have you got it working yet?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

True, but I try to keep less than 1000 caches in GSAK so I can load the whole file in the GPSr.

Sometimes it's really hard to filter out just the caches you want.
    You do know when you export, you can specify the maximum number of caches, don't you?

I sort my list, then export all the unfound in the PDA, and then export to the GPS to a max of 950 or so to give some room for new waypoints.

I have to have 8 PQs for the stats anyway, so this makes it much easier for me.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I recently downloaded the newest version of GSAK and now my Nuvi macro barely works. Anybody else having this issue?
    I had this problem too. If you erase the prior POIs first then redownload, it works fine!

You do know when you export, you can specify the maximum number of caches, don't you?
    Yup.

I sort my list, then export all the unfound in the PDA, and then export to the GPS to a max of 950 or so to give some room for new waypoints.

I have to have 8 PQs for the stats anyway, so this makes it much easier for me.
    But we often take caching trips, and aren't comfortable enough yet with "caches along a route" to make good use of it. We wind up having to stop, dump the caches from the GPSr, and reloading it with a new state. LOL!

Yup.

But we often take caching trips, and aren't comfortable enough yet with "caches along a route" to make good use of it. We wind up having to stop, dump the caches from the GPSr, and reloading it with a new state. LOL!
    Caches along a route is not bad when you make your own route. I used it when we went to AZ and am playing with it now for our trip next month - 846 caches along a 2000 mile loop. Still have not decided if that's a bit over-ambitions or not! But if we have the laptop with us, I can download new PQs if our plans change.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Caches along a route is not bad when you make your own route. I used it when we went to AZ and am playing with it now for our trip next month - 846 caches along a 2000 mile loop. Still have not decided if that's a bit over-ambitions or not! But if we have the laptop with us, I can download new PQs if our plans change.
    You going to Geowoodstock? Looks like the loop I'm planning

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    You going to Geowoodstock? Looks like the loop I'm planning
    No Geowoodstock for us, we are going in March. But this is our currently proposed loop:

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!