vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTF Cache Ideas?

Default Ftf

I recall once cache I did in which the ftf prize was a lottery ticket. As I was looking for the cache, the cache owner arrived to check on it as it hadn't been logged for a few days after being published. After looking thru the container, the owner told me about the lottery ticket, which was not in the cache. So, got a blank log to sign as 2nd to find, but no ticket.

We have come across a couple of caches that have winter hats and gloves in them. Great idea for those of us out there in the cold. They still have the tags on them and everything. We have also seen some hand warmers. Very useful items for caching in the winter eh?
    Happy Hunting!
    RKDKBradley4

I've seen FTF coins and pathtags as well as TFTC pathtags. I traditionally put a new pathtag in my new caches.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Might be a silly question, but what is a pathtag? I haven't heard or seen one of those yet. Love to hear all about them if ya get a chance. Thanks!
    Happy Hunting!
    RKDKBradley4

Quote Originally Posted by RKDKBradley4 View Post
    Might be a silly question, but what is a pathtag? I haven't heard or seen one of those yet. Love to hear all about them if ya get a chance. Thanks!

www.pathtags.com They are small (about quarter sized) coins. They are designed by the owner and can be left in caches bigger than a micro. Each coin has a number on the back that can be logged in on there website. Unlike a travel bug, you keep and collect pathtags. Some of the tags, like Kayaking Loons, The Francis Family, and Hollara (for example) are really complicated and filled with colors. Mine is a simple design that glows in the dark. If you purchase a design, you can trade on the website with different people. We have found about a dozen in different caches and put out about 50 or so. I've also traded online for about 20 more. They are a really cool way to personalize an item. If you would like, PM me with your address and I will mail you one of ours to start your collection. I'm designing a second pathtag for this spring.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    www.pathtags.com They are small (about quarter sized) coins. They are designed by the owner and can be left in caches bigger than a micro. Each coin has a number on the back that can be logged in on there website. Unlike a travel bug, you keep and collect pathtags. Some of the tags, like Kayaking Loons, The Francis Family, and Hollara (for example) are really complicated and filled with colors. Mine is a simple design that glows in the dark. If you purchase a design, you can trade on the website with different people. We have found about a dozen in different caches and put out about 50 or so. I've also traded online for about 20 more. They are a really cool way to personalize an item. If you would like, PM me with your address and I will mail you one of ours to start your collection. I'm designing a second pathtag for this spring.
    I had one of the pathtags of Fins2right. I don't keep the ones I get. I put them out to circulate.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I was thinking of doing a coin for a while. Now I am looking at Pathtags as being an option. Been told it can be far less expensive to design.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    I was thinking of doing a coin for a while. Now I am looking at Pathtags as being an option. Been told it can be far less expensive to design.
    Just an FYI: This month there is $10.00 off path tags code, so if you are planning a tag and can get it designed and submitted before the month is out you could save $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    Just an FYI: This month there is $10.00 off path tags code, so if you are planning a tag and can get it designed and submitted before the month is out you could save $$$.
    Good point TMP and also - postal rates are going up the end of the month as well.......we are encroaching on Chinese New Year as well.......pathtags will be effected as well as Geocoins - so if you don't get an order in you will be waiting for a while on delivery.

Good Advice! Thanks
    Happy Hunting!
    RKDKBradley4