vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The first cache

Default The first cache

The first cache. Note to newbies: Never bury a cache, never put food in a cache.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

TAT - thanks for posting. Always nice to go back to one's roots.

Default Caching around electrical objects

Tat,I came across an interesting blog from a geocacher in another part of the country who is an electrical inspector. He was warning, and showing pictures of terrible electrical burns, and was stressing of the dangers of placing light pole caches, electrical box, and even fake electrical box caches, etc., due to the bad signal it sends to young children to be poking around these objects. Evidently light poles can use you to ground & if you touch the bolts you can really cause serious burn damage. He urges cache placers over and over in his blog to not use these objects for cache placement. Something for us to think about.
    Last edited by Waterski; 01-11-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling error

Question Not normally

If someone is receiving a shock from the bolts on a light pole they would have already been shocked by contacting the pole itself. Only an improperly grounded fixture could cause this situation. Generally this would not happen. Yes there are exceptions to the rule, but they are that, rare exceptions. This being said, I too do not feel that the LPC is the best cache hiding spot there is, but it sure is popular especially down in North Carolina as well as other high cache density areas.
    Happy Trails!

But, if you are touching the pole and reach under the skirt and there is a bare wire there, that is not such a great thing. But hey, I've been shocked plenty of times and look how normal I am!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

What we are use to up hera' in Maine isn't what folks are used to down thera' in other parts of the country. And with that being said.........

Guess the old adage for other sports - Know Before You Go - still applies. When in doubt - rule them out.

As a person who dislikes poisonous animial, I would imagine that LPC's are safer than some wooded areas. Or, maybe it's just a matter of being used to snakes.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Everything we do, Geocaching, hiking, backpacking, driving, even watching TV involves risks to both persons and sometimes property.

My advice is to be prepared for your journey:

• Always exercise common sense and caution.
    • You assume all risks arising in connection with seeking a cache or any other related activity.
    • Don't ever attempt to find a cache you are not comfortable with.

By the way, did anyone notice the video link?
    Last edited by tat; 01-11-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added bullets
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Brdad was shocked once or twice????

That certainly explains some things!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    But hey, I've been shocked plenty of times and look how normal I am!
    As Mr. Peavey would say, "Well, now, I wouldn't say that..."