vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parmachenee Hits 3,000 Today!!!

Default 3000!!!!

Well done guys. Did a few yesterday that you had done earlier in the day, or night! Is it that fancy jeep that makes you so productive?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Congratulations!

Wow! 3K. That's a really big milestone! And a really nice couple too. And guess what? I found a piece of Charron's lemon cheesecake in my freezer today. Maybe I'll eat it to celebrate!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Congrats! That's some quality time together right there!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Congratulations I see you didn't stop long at 3000. great to see people caching in this cold.

Congratulations Frank and Charron!! We were thinking of you this weekend!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Smile Thanks!

Double post
    Last edited by parmachenee; 01-19-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Double post

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the congrats!! We never really thought about this number of caches as a goal until we suddenly realized how close we were last fall. Then winter arrived and our favorite time of year got us out and moving. Winter just changes the landscape and the temps but the caches are still there, although a little more challenging. Get out and enjoy it!

Just adding a thanks to the phone messages and emails we've received from some great 'cachers and friends. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Well done guys. Did a few yesterday that you had done earlier in the day, or night! Is it that fancy jeep that makes you so productive?
    The Rubicon gets us close, the PN-40 much closer, then it's up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    As someone who was on your heels just a few short months ago. You two went cache crazy since then. Congrats on hitting that third k. Happy to have been along on a few of the hard ones. So when are we going again? I have the new snowshoes Frank so you won't have to break all the trails this time.
    Ebeemee Mtn.?? or anytime you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I'll bet your glad the price of gas has dropped! LOL!

Congrats, guys! Hope to see you at the WWWWWW5 event!
    Yes...and more money for beer!!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Congratulations. I personally feel that you should have waited till the storm was in full force today. At that point you could have driven the Rubicon a few hundred miles into the north woods and snow shoe your way to the a remote mt. top cache. That's the frank and Charron I know.
    We did something more risky. We drove around the Portland area in the storm doing some geocaches!!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    I just knew today would be the day for Frank to pass 3,000 finds. With snow coming, today would be the day. The progression from 1,000 to 3,000 came quickly so I'm sure there were a few easy ones along the way. But I have to tell everyone, many of those 3,000 were very difficult treks including many mountaintops on snowshoes. I know this to be true...! With wife Charron along for many of them, this is a class-act caching couple. Congrats on a really big milestone. Just awesome!
    Thanks Dan! And the mountaintops are some I'll never forget!! And Charron has completed many crossword puzzles during these caches!! When she isn't pushing me to do "Just one more!"
    Last edited by parmachenee; 01-19-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Adding to text

Default Congratulations!

All I can say is "Wow." I've been caching for years and still haven't hit the 900 mark.

You are right... winter is the best time of year.

Congratulation's Frank and Charon--you two are an inspiration to us all. Happy trails.