vb:literal>

Thread: Winter-Friendly Caches

Thumbs up Winter-Friendly Caches

I've noticed comments that some folks are looking for winter-friendly caches. Families may not have any, or not enough, snowshoes for everyone so that they can seek caches in the winter. They have resigned themselves to seek out guardrail or lamp post caches. Well, after finding Laughing Terry's "LT Snowmobile Cache" series I can tell you that all of them are on such perfectly groomed trails that no snowshoes are required. You can park your car and walk in on the packed trails and he has chosen cache locations that are above ground and accessible. So those of you who are depressed about deep winter snow and lack of caching possibilities look for: LT Snowmobile Cache #1 (#2, #3, #4, #5, #6) etc. Get outside, get some fresh air, and enjoy caching all year long.

The eight new caches in the China Windsor area put out for Karens event on Sunday are all winter friendly and have some real fun stories with them to be shared on Sunday! Also most of the caches in Jackson and Brooks that I have out along with the ones in China are also winter friendly. For anybody going to Sundays event,have fun!

Thanks for putting out more winter friendly caches. I have found that even the guard rail caches are near impossible with all the snow that we have had. Now if we could just do something about the cold weather...
    KymeeJay

Don't let the cold deter you. On the snowmobile and snowshoe trail caches the important thing if it is really cold is your face and hands. All the other stuff will benefit from a good brisk walk (and I need those just like most).

Besides, following the tracks in the snow is fun. Right Dan?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Default Winter Caching

I'm with gob-ler on this thread. Winter caching is a great way to counter "couch-potato" syndrome. It was minus 18 this morning when I scored another FTF.

But gob-ler, out walking the trails grabbing FTF's at 2 AM in the morning.... That might be pushing the envelop!

Windsor's zip code is 04363. Put that up on geo.com and you'll see a lot of winter fun in our neighborhood, many placed in the last 3 days.

I'm headed to the Bond Brook Road in Augusta at noon. Could be some photo ops for the sherpa wanabe's that will be doing Operation Turkey Buzzard Storm!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I will pay money for the tips on which ones that people have "Blazed" a trail to.

Has anybody taken a snow blower to blaze a trail to a cache? I was thinking about that the other day.

Yeah, I know, fare weather cacher here.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Thumbs up Many more than last year

So far this month I have logged 16 caches, all of which were winter friendly, and all were in the Windsor area. Last winter I might have found 5 from November to April. I plan on doing more next weekend. I would love to extend a huge "Thank you" to all of the people who put out winter caches. It's really nice to extend the season. Only 12 left to #300!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I want to thank Patrick and Dan for making this past weekend a crazy and memorable one! Chasing Dan around the neighborhood after those FTFs in the negative temperatures was an experience! Thanks you two!!