vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cache software for Blackberry's

I haven't tried cacheberry, but I have been using geocache navigator on my BB and it has been working great. you can find and log your caches and it works on real time, no cache loading required.
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character

Default Blackberry

Di and I kicked up the technology a notch or two today. I picked up Topo 8.0 this week and have it on my laptop. I have an inverter in our toyota so we have power to the laptop.

So we plugged the Blackberry into one USB port and followed the prompts and then plugged a Vista hcx into another port and WOW....a Nuvi on Steroids complete with voice prompts, routing from cache to cache and internet access going down the road! Only did a handful of caches but what cool stuff getting to them! Does Toyota make a truck or SUV with a built in 5KW generator, laptop mounts, front and rear and an in dash 17 inch color monitor? Di doesn't like riding in the back with the dogs!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Binford caching?
    Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Di and I kicked up the technology a notch or two today. I picked up Topo 8.0 this week and have it on my laptop. I have an inverter in our toyota so we have power to the laptop.

So we plugged the Blackberry into one USB port and followed the prompts and then plugged a Vista hcx into another port and WOW....a Nuvi on Steroids complete with voice prompts, routing from cache to cache and internet access going down the road! Only did a handful of caches but what cool stuff getting to them! Does Toyota make a truck or SUV with a built in 5KW generator, laptop mounts, front and rear and an in dash 17 inch color monitor? Di doesn't like riding in the back with the dogs!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default Binford?

Doesn't Binford make a Hummer like truck that could accomodate two, maybe three laptops in the front seat?

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Doesn't Binford make a Hummer like truck that could accomodate two, maybe three laptops in the front seat?
    You need to think out of the box a bit --> Heads-up Display --> be the first cool-kid to set this stuff up.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Default HUD Display

Circuit City, Best Buy, tiger GPS, who has these?. I want one!

Darn, if it was a portable unit, maybe you could sell me your colorado???? Maybe you could mount it on a dogs back and take it in the woods. :-) with a generator . St. Bernard's may be in your near future!

Too expensive. The generator runs on gasoline, which is affordable. The dog, on the other hand, runs on beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Darn, if it was a portable unit, maybe you could sell me your colorado???? Maybe you could mount it on a dogs back and take it in the woods. :-) with a generator . St. Bernard's may be in your near future!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Two drinking dogs and a Hummer for three laptops in the front seat, could be a bit of an expense, just for geocaching....hmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    You need to think out of the box a bit --> Heads-up Display --> be the first cool-kid to set this stuff up.
    Dang it did not say were I could order them.