vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Phones and Geocaching

Default Smart Phones and Geocaching

I was looking for some input on what os on a phone people are using for caching and pros and cons, IE Blackberry, Android, Apple, Windows. I am thinking about upgrading my phone and wondering what experience others have had and what they can do.

I would stay away from Apple. It does not multi task. It may be an awesome phone but you can only run one application at a time.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I would stay away from Apple. It does not multi task. It may be an awesome phone but you can only run one application at a time.
    And that's not the only problem You can run only apple approved applications unless you jailbreak it.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I was looking for some input on what os on a phone people are using for caching and pros and cons, IE Blackberry, Android, Apple, Windows. I am thinking about upgrading my phone and wondering what experience others have had and what they can do.
    Android is a great open source platform, some nice paid or free geocaching applications exists for android. However android has been here just for a short period of time with small market share. I wouldn't buy android yet. Google is hard working and it will pay off to wait.
    Apple - nah, I won't even bother to comment on this one.
    Windows mobile has been here for a quite a while with large market share, plenty of good navigation and geocaching applications exists for windows mobile, both free and paid.
    Nokia also has few smartphones with GPS and geocaching applications.

I'm using windows mobile phone for geocaching and car navigation. I don't have any other GPS unit (besides another windows mobile GPS phone I'm not using ). It works fine for me. If I had to buy a new GPS phone within next year I would probably still stick to windows mobile.
    Moo

garmin nuviphon g60 from at&t. i don't know much about it . my wife told me no. but it looks cool.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Jamie, that Garmin-Asus Nuvifone G60 does look impressive. Here is a demo of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOe_vFds2u0
    Blazing Troll

I love my blackberry! I had Trimble's geocache explorer on it for a while, but US Cellular no longer supports the software. It was perfect, complete with gps and you could fetch the closest 10 caches to your location.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I can't begin to express....if this thread is about what I think it's about....how strong an opinion I have about this.....

Default See

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    I can't begin to express....if this thread is about what I think it's about....how strong an opinion I have about this.....
    Look what you have done now... you have upset compass guy. You should be ashamed.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I sat in Portland w/a friend lastnight. He was curious about some GPS stuff on his iPhone. He thought it was fairly accurate......so we put it alongside an expensive Garmin. Next time I'll take him from an open parking lot out into the woods and try to actually find something
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!