vb:literal>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cache software for Blackberry's

Hey guys... I'm just about at the end of my cell phone contract and looking at BB. We have US Cellular. Any more insight to the Cacheberry app that anyone can share?

I've been using it for a while now and really like it. With experience comes increased knowledge and I've learned more about the application menu. Once downloaded, the file also includes hints and logs, which I earlier incorrectly reported were not there.

Certainly you would have to check with your cellular provider, but I would imagine you could use the BB device with Cacheberry and have cell service without actually contracting for RIM service. That said, I've become addicted to my BB as I said earlier. I am fortunate in that my device and service is provided by my employer however at this point, if that were not the case, I no doubt would go this way myself. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson 7 View Post
    Hey guys... I'm just about at the end of my cell phone contract and looking at BB. We have US Cellular. Any more insight to the Cacheberry app that anyone can share?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

It does! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    One downside is that only one file at a time can be transferred. Doesn't take long, just would be nice if you could select as many as you want.
    The resulting display shows the caches waypoint ID as well as the name of the cache. Selecting a cache, one will see is much of the placement data such as terrain, difficulty, coordinates, date placed and the owner. The description follows. The hint, encyrpted or not, does not show.

I noticed this post is a few months old, however I just loade Cacheberry to my 8330 Curve (US Cellular) and I am able to load pocket queries into it, I have 3 PQ's that update weekly and it will overwrite and update them each time. I have 951 caches on mine, each one has 5 logs, hints, and an option to go to the website for the cache page. The big advantage is that you have the info even if you do not have service. This may be a newer version.

HOLY CRAP!!!! It's FFFarmer,,,it's alive!~!!! Haven't heard from you in ages,where yah been?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!! It's FFFarmer,,,it's alive!~!!! Haven't heard from you in ages,where yah been?
    He's been showing up to work ........... we knew he was there....... Just not hitting on the caching thing for a while!

I'm using the 8330 Curve as well and as time goes on, I'm picking up on the features of Cacheberry. Indeed, it is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFarmer View Post
    I noticed this post is a few months old, however I just loade Cacheberry to my 8330 Curve (US Cellular) and I am able to load pocket queries into it, I have 3 PQ's that update weekly and it will overwrite and update them each time. I have 951 caches on mine, each one has 5 logs, hints, and an option to go to the website for the cache page. The big advantage is that you have the info even if you do not have service. This may be a newer version.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    “The Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.”

As most can understand the challenges of getting two out of school and into college, two jobs, etc., etc., we put caching on the back burner for a while. We were also getting a little burned out on the lamp post, guardrail, sign post caches where the biggest challenge was not getting run over. Where also time was an issue, having to hand enter coords into older units made too much work sometimes. This spring we decided to ease back into it and with the Blackberry and a new GPSmap 60CSx I think we're back in the game. Someday I'm even going to go get the one 1/2 mile from my house that was placed 2 years ago (no rush, I know ALL the skeeters up there by name).

Hey I know the feeling,I've got approximately 100 unfound caches myself within just 30 miles or so of where I live. Not working and unemployment kind of get in the way of caching without money for the essentials, like GAS!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I know a gal that has a Crackberry. I talked her out of it for a day. It cost me a lot, but I did it. We got the Cacheberry app and started using it. It was a little hard at first, but it really worked. I see a ton of potential there.