Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Cache software for Blackberry's

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Buxton,Maine
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I haven't tried cacheberry, but I have been using geocache navigator on my BB and it has been working great. you can find and log your caches and it works on real time, no cache loading required.
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. China Maine
    Posts
    1,588

    Default Blackberry

    Di and I kicked up the technology a notch or two today. I picked up Topo 8.0 this week and have it on my laptop. I have an inverter in our toyota so we have power to the laptop.

    So we plugged the Blackberry into one USB port and followed the prompts and then plugged a Vista hcx into another port and WOW....a Nuvi on Steroids complete with voice prompts, routing from cache to cache and internet access going down the road! Only did a handful of caches but what cool stuff getting to them! Does Toyota make a truck or SUV with a built in 5KW generator, laptop mounts, front and rear and an in dash 17 inch color monitor? Di doesn't like riding in the back with the dogs!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hampden, ME
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Binford caching?
    Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Di and I kicked up the technology a notch or two today. I picked up Topo 8.0 this week and have it on my laptop. I have an inverter in our toyota so we have power to the laptop.

    So we plugged the Blackberry into one USB port and followed the prompts and then plugged a Vista hcx into another port and WOW....a Nuvi on Steroids complete with voice prompts, routing from cache to cache and internet access going down the road! Only did a handful of caches but what cool stuff getting to them! Does Toyota make a truck or SUV with a built in 5KW generator, laptop mounts, front and rear and an in dash 17 inch color monitor? Di doesn't like riding in the back with the dogs!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. China Maine
    Posts
    1,588

    Default Binford?

    Doesn't Binford make a Hummer like truck that could accomodate two, maybe three laptops in the front seat?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Albion, Maine
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Doesn't Binford make a Hummer like truck that could accomodate two, maybe three laptops in the front seat?
    You need to think out of the box a bit --> Heads-up Display --> be the first cool-kid to set this stuff up.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. China Maine
    Posts
    1,588

    Default HUD Display

    Circuit City, Best Buy, tiger GPS, who has these?. I want one!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rockland Me
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Darn, if it was a portable unit, maybe you could sell me your colorado???? Maybe you could mount it on a dogs back and take it in the woods. :-) with a generator . St. Bernard's may be in your near future!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hampden, ME
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Too expensive. The generator runs on gasoline, which is affordable. The dog, on the other hand, runs on beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Darn, if it was a portable unit, maybe you could sell me your colorado???? Maybe you could mount it on a dogs back and take it in the woods. :-) with a generator . St. Bernard's may be in your near future!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rockland Me
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Two drinking dogs and a Hummer for three laptops in the front seat, could be a bit of an expense, just for geocaching....hmmmmmm...

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    You need to think out of the box a bit --> Heads-up Display --> be the first cool-kid to set this stuff up.
    Dang it did not say were I could order them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •