vb:literal>

Thread: Portland Winter Rush 2

Default Portland Winter Rush 2

A friend e-mailed us to see if we were attending a Geocaching Event at Portland City Hall Plaza on Wednesday February 11th from noon to five PM. We are leaving for California that day, but had no clue.

Here is the link to the event page. http://www.portlandwinterush.com/schedule.html#5

Apparently Delorme is doing something, but there is no mention on their web site. It would seem that they should have reached out to some locals cachers for support or assistance. I have talked to a few and nobody knows anything.

In any event, there is the info.

It would be a shame if the event organizers see this is a dud activity because of Delorme's lack of publicity. Hoping some folks can get there.

Well, I would love to go - but surely can't - wonder if any of their pretty coins will be there or if they will be handing any out.

You are right - a shame this wasn't actually published as a "Real" Geocaching event......and/or that is just didn't have better publicity.

Thanks for sharing.

That does sound interesting but unfortunatly it is scheduled durring work so I am out.

Can't make it. My wife and I are closing on a loan to refinance our mortgage that day.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Shucks, working for the man tomorrow.

Interesting - I still see nothing on their web site about this. Wouldn't you think they would want caching folks there?

They are going to be at the Sportsman show in Augusta in April - guess the one in Orono at UMO in March was to small for them. I feel confident they were contacted by Penobscot County Conservation Club.