vb:literal>

Thread: Purchasing coins

Hybrid View

Default Purchasing coins

Hello everyone! Do any of you have advice on where the best place/web-site would be to purchase coins, either for circulation or for people to collect? Also, please advise the location for having one designed and made. Thanks!

You've got mail.

Smile Thanks

Thanks Hollora for such a great explanation on how coins can be obtained. There are some very creative coins! I am amazed at how many coins some of you have.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    You've got mail.
    Hey Hollora,maybe you could expound on that and where there are many newbies in here you could post what information you may have for others to see.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

The summary is: information referred them to the on line resources of the Geocaching.com forums. There are pinned threads on the site explaining everything - approved companies, the process, what is allowed, what is not allowed, information on tracking numbers, minimum amounts to mint and much more. It is also a good way to learn the names of companies to google in order to get on their mailing lists.

There are many treads of discussion there too about all aspects of coins. These threads become as heated as ours here at times.

In order for my personal opinion to be out of it - I prefer publically to refer newbies to the GC.com forums on Geocoins. If anyone would like to EM me, I would be happy to answer direct questions - as I am sure other members of this website, who are coiners, would also be too. Opinions about coins are as varied and diverse as all other aspects of geocaching.

One thing for sure. Collecting and/or minting coins can be a lot more expensive than buying a GPSr once you get hooked! Ask anyone who has minted a coin or see their collection purchases go over 50 coins.......

For those who enjoy, "coin like" items there is an alternative which is a lot less expensive. More practical to use as swag, they are cute Pathtags. Very cute, fun to swap and trade. Much more comfortable for the pocketbook with today's Economy.

Default Purchasing Coins

Every one in a while I get on an Ebay kick. This week I picked up a few coins to travel around with me. I set the limit at $7 and actually bought 3 really neat coins. Total with Shipping was $10.48 I also saw a few neat cache ideas and found that the travel bug tags were about a buck cheaper than some of the other websites. Just for info
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Every one in a while I get on an Ebay kick. This week I picked up a few coins to travel around with me. I set the limit at $7 and actually bought 3 really neat coins. Total with Shipping was $10.48 I also saw a few neat cache ideas and found that the travel bug tags were about a buck cheaper than some of the other websites. Just for info
    That's the way to do it! Sometimes you can pick up coins on Ebay - actually less expensive then when they were first sold.

Oh yeah - and those cache ideas - We'll be watching!

Good Tip - fins2right!

I've often just gone to newgeocoins.com or cachebug.com.....both have a listing of companies that sell geocoins, design and mint geocoins, where to get activation codes, etc. Oakcoins, Landsharkz, Coins and Pins, etc.