vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The CENTUM Challenge, GC1KCQW

I am headed for my February trip to Maryland and a cacher down that way wants to give it a try. I think we can do it!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Question ????

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    I am headed for my February trip to Maryland and a cacher down that way wants to give it a try. I think we can do it!
    How did I know this was coming? Have a great trip and good luck.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I tried the centrum challenge on my motorcycle and came up 5 short. If I had done it a little different I would have made it. Maybe next time. LOL After doing 95 caches Friday I slept all day Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I tried the centrum challenge on my motorcycle and came up 5 short. If I had done it a little different I would have made it. Maybe next time. LOL After doing 95 caches Friday I slept all day Saturday.
    I meant the New England CENTUM Challenge. LOL

Terry, I think that doing 95 on your own is pretty impressive. When Mainiac, QuiltingMom and I did it, there was 1 driving, 1 navigating and 1 reading the description and notes and it still took us 13.5 hours (in a much more target rich environment too).

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Terry, I think that doing 95 on your own is pretty impressive. When Mainiac, QuiltingMom and I did it, there was 1 driving, 1 navigating and 1 reading the description and notes and it still took us 13.5 hours (in a much more target rich environment too).
    Amen!

With a little better planning I'll get it next time. LOL

Well, I have to say for a Maine Centum to be possible - two non-members of our site have DONE IT! Yes, some quite cachers, RyMastah and his parents Peace Out did it together on 5/30! A great accomplishment.

Now - it this an absolute established and published cache here in Maine???

Regardless some cadooos to the folks who have done this withint the state.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    I think you deserve an honorary badge for even attempting that. I know how difficult it is for two or more people working together in a car, doing it by yourself on a motorcycle and getting that close is pretty darn impressive.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

It's impressive for anyone. I did not post this to one up LT - as he knows - he is a friend. Just to let folks know there are people who never "join" this site who are very active cachers, do challenges, put out caches and otherwise do good things for the sport. In fact, I have a coin I got in the wild belonging to RyMastah - which is an incredible on to release into the wild. It will be out there - be looking.

Congrats to all who do this pending a cache publication - I hope whoever might go one may consider doing some retrospective stats.