vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SlimCache update

Talking SlimCache update

Real good week 1 results to share. I lost 8 lbs. I'm amped this morning.
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Love reading your blog, keep up the great work!!! Sure looks like you have started something with everyone logging on to check your progress and seeing others doing the same type of program.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default A little each week...

Quote Originally Posted by djgray1200 View Post
    Real good week 1 results to share. I lost 8 lbs. I'm amped this morning.
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing, what is sometimes a difficult topic to discuss.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

It's been a little while since I brought this up. I'm just slightly over a month in and am happy to say I'm 21 lbs. down! If I can't toot my own horn about this what can I?

Good for you! Most of us know how hard it is. Sometimes you get to a point where your not loosing as much as you'd like. Never give up. I work at our local fitness center. A lot of people expect to look much thinner in a month or two and then be able to stay that way. It's normaly not that way at all. Exercise is so important (geocaching counts!!!). So when you are buiding up muscles you can weigh more just from that. But building muscles burns fat all day long. I hope you can reach your goal & maintain it! It is a life changing habit to be able to adjust your eating habits & to make time to exercise. But you'll look great & more importantly feel great! You sound very positive & happy. Keep up the good work! You can do it!
    Mipster

I don't understand weight. I can weigh myself everyday on the same scale and the same conditions. I sometimes in a 24 hour period lose 5 lbs and then gain it back in a couple days to start over again. Where does that much weight come and go? In the past I would cut down on eating to lose weight and lose 10 lbs in a week but never another lb in the next month keeping the same eating habit.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I don't understand weight. I can weigh myself everyday on the same scale and the same conditions. I sometimes in a 24 hour period lose 5 lbs and then gain it back in a couple days to start over again. Where does that much weight come and go? In the past I would cut down on eating to lose weight and lose 10 lbs in a week but never another lb in the next month keeping the same eating habit.
    In some instances, the cells replace the extra weight with water as the body feels it may need to keep the cells(your body put lots of effort making the extra storage places ) Therefore, water weight loss and gain can be significant on a daily basis. Once your body gets rid of the extra storage capacity of the cells then that water weight generated by them will not be an issue. Your body will adjust over time. Like muscles, the more you need them the more they make (striated muscle cells) the less you use them the less your body will put energy into keeping them. It can be discouraging but with patience and persistence won't be an issue..
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

I've noticed those same variations. For example, my weigh ins for the blog are on Sunday mornings. Out of curiosity I got on the scale on Saturday rather than Sunday last week. If I'd gone with that number I would have lost 7 pounds. But since I do the official weight every Sunday, I only got to log 3 pounds. The variations can be so major but are completely natural. I've learned to not get so discouraged by them.

Well I'm just over 4 months into my journey and am excited to report I'm 50 pounds lighter than my starting point! Thanks to everyone who offered encouraging words. The mission is far from over but I've laid great groundwork for further effort. Even thinking of a long term goal of thru hiking the AT in a couple years.

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.