vb:literal>

Thread: Acadia

Default Acadia

I see a few caches on the island. Are any of them a MUST do? We will be there in July... I also plan to hit a few in Waterville/Union on our way north that I missed last November...

I haven't done it yet, but this one is on my list and have heard people who said they enjoyed it:
    Acadia National Park EarthCache Program (GC11M7T) by Forestfuzz (1.5/3.5)

This one is archived, but is our favorite one on the island, the location is still worth visiting (it's not all about the numbers!):
    The path less traveled (GCGN5W) by parmachenee (2/3)

And since you mentioned Waterville, I have to put a plug in for one of my caches:
    Old 470 (GCAE12) by brdad (3/1.5)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Have to agree with brdad about having the ANP Earthcache program on my "To Do" list. In addition the parmachenee cache, The path less traveled was in a little known wonderful area. The oak tree near the parking lot is worth the visit.

Others I enjoyed in ANP were:
    The Ovens - 2 if by land, 5 if by sea (2/2). This cache gives you an actual parking coordinate to access this by land. You will walk right past the following cache -
    The Ovens (2/5)

In addition, I enjoyed these caches on MDI as well.
    She dearly loved this spot (1/1.5)
    Stop and smell the flowers in Maine (2/1) although I would call the terrain 1.5.
    Eliot Mountain Cache (1.5/2.5)

I have never visited a cache on MDI which I did not enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    And since you mentioned Waterville, I have to put a plug in for one of my caches:
    Old 470 (GCAE12) by brdad (3/1.5)
    Speaking of Waterville, after "Old 470", this cache by Laughing Terry is my favorite in the area. (And just as hard to find, too!)

In Union, I recommend Joey's Lost Tacklebox (GC1FW7W)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Speaking of Waterville, after "Old 470", this cache by Laughing Terry is my favorite in the area. (And just as hard to find, too!)

The Laughing Terry cache is just evil! I had to phone the Sand Hill Don to find it. Trenton has some great caches Snipe Hunt by EMSDanel is winter friendly and a lot of fun. ROAD EASY by hardwareman made us laugh and on the island Stop and smell the flowers in Maine by halhub (GCPXXW) is so cool that we have gone back twice. It might be worth it to save that one for spring.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

"Right in Plain Sight" and the "ANP Earthcache program" were on my list. I love the Old 470 and that will also be on my list of caches to grab. Thanks for the other suggestions. I will have plenty of time to organize my list with these great suggestions. We will be staying at MDI Campground right on the sound off rt 3. Kayaks and bikes at hand to explore all we can...

We enjoyed kayaking to "Get Marooned" GC14DW4. I see there is a TB "marooned" there now. That cache is in our top 10 favorites.
    Last edited by pjpreb; 02-24-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spell check
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Default Hunter's Beach

Hunter's Beach is also a great one to do while in Bar Harbor.