vb:literal>

Thread: Gobbler hits 5000!

Default Gobbler hits 5000!

And it appears he did 1000 in six months....... during some of the coldest ones at that. Congrats much earned!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Wow!!! That's a lot of caching... now onto the next 5 grand!!!

Congrats Dick!!

Thumbs up Congrats!

With the big milestone past, you will be on to the next big challenge. Congrats on your 5000th find.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Which brings to mind.....Whatcha got planned next?

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    With the big milestone past, you will be on to the next big challenge.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Way to go! There's no stopping now.

Default Thanks!

Many of you know Gob-ler for his notorious addiction for FTF's and doing what is the unimaginable for most of us. His numbers are staggering for a Maine cacher and the 5000 cache achievement is certainly note-worthy.
    But let me tell you the rest of the story.
    This man is also one of the most unselfish persons you will meet. I think it's his drive to achieve what can't be done that may have something to do with this story, but never-the-less, it's one of caring, understanding, and sacrifice.
    I lost my gpsr at a cache in the Lincoln area this weekend. Despite a desperate search while we were there and a return visit, we couldn't find it! I had mentioned my loss in a congratulatury email to Dick, who happens to own the same gpsr. He noticed I couldn't find it in a log of a near-by cache and emailed he would look for it on his next visit.
    The next day, I received a call at home that he had found it! Right where I was looking for it! He tested it and saw my home phone number after being buried over three days in the snow!
    He had driven from Lewiston to Lincoln to help me out and, of course, do a few caches. Thanks Dick...I can't even express how much...but Charron and I will never forget your gesture of friendship. And I didn't have to buy an Oregon?? Your 5000 finds pale to your integrity as a person and a friend.
    Wandering with a purpose!

Are cachers the best or what!? Thanks for an "upper" of a story!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

That story doesn't surprise me. Dick is one of the most caring and helpful members of the geocaching community. His willingness to share his vast knowledge of geocaching with me, has been invaluable. Thanks Dick, and congratulations!

CACHE LONG AND PROSPER