vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Brave Irishman

Hybrid View

Default One Brave Irishman

One day, little Hiram jr. came home from school and asked his mom, Medawisla(short for Steph),," Where is Daddy Mom? He said he was going to take me out shooting!! Well say's Medawisla,,,I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. Your poor daddy was working at the brewery today, and I'm afraid he fell into a vat of Guiness and drowned. OH NO exclaimed little Hiram. Was'nt there anyone around to help him get out?? Oh yes said Medawisla (short for Steph),,,3 men jumped in to save him, but he bravely fought them all off!!!

Sheesh! I just love a heart-warming story like this. And a true story, as well!

That's one ale of a story, but being a stout man with a good head on his shoulders, it's not surprising.

As one Irishman to another.....didn't I see a photo with you wearing a Guiness T-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    One day, little Hiram jr. came home from school and asked his mom, Medawisla(short for Steph),," Where is Daddy Mom? He said he was going to take me out shooting!! Well say's Medawisla,,,I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. Your poor daddy was working at the brewery today, and I'm afraid he fell into a vat of Guiness and drowned. OH NO exclaimed little Hiram. Was'nt there anyone around to help him get out?? Oh yes said Medawisla (short for Steph),,,3 men jumped in to save him, but he bravely fought them all off!!!

Default One irishman to another

Yes,,I do have a Guiness T-shirt,,,but I dont like the beer. LOL I do have Irish in me,,(last name is Carney), but also have French and Indian. What a combination huh!!! When I do something dumb,,,I blame it on the French in me,,When I get Drunk,,Its the Irishman,,,and when Drunk and Crazy its the Indian.

Yes,,I do have a Guiness T-shirt,,,but I dont like the beer. LOL I do have Irish in me,,(last name is Carney), but also have French and Indian. What a combination huh!!! When I do something dumb,,,I blame it on the French in me,,When I get Drunk,,Its the Irishman,,,and when Drunk and Crazy its the Indian.

yeah, we know dave... I still laugh about that moment at Paddy's and the beer ordering fiasco... and to think I still hang out with you...

by the way, where'd you find the story about my dad????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Gotta be careful Dave with that ethnic humor. . . it's not politically correct.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Look Out Guys!

I think this thread is a hoot, but a while back I made one comment in jest about folks from south of the Mason Dixon line and the "war of Northern Aggression" was re-incarnated. I'd definetly chime in as a pure 100% tabacknac Frenchman, but I have learned the lesson! I hope the ethnic police aren't lurking.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I think this thread is a hoot, but a while back I made one comment in jest about folks from south of the Mason Dixon line and the "war of Northern Aggression" was re-incarnated. I'd definetly chime in as a pure 100% tabacknac Frenchman, but I have learned the lesson! I hope the ethnic police aren't lurking.
    "Ethnic police"?

You still don't get it, do you? And you just can't let it go. The comment you make "in jest" can be just as offensive as one with an offensive intent. But I think you know that...

I've been quiet in this thread - I'm not an "ethnic cop" as you may imply. But you made offensive remarks about my relatives and I spoke up. I'll do so again if you continue to feel the need to offer boorish comments.

Default Ooops

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Gotta be careful Dave with that ethnic humor. . . it's not politically correct.
    Sure hope I did'nt offend anyone,,,If I did I sincerely apologize and I promise it will never happen again. Wait a minute ,,,,,,I offended myself!!! Now I'm mad Oh Boy,,wait till I get ahold of myself, why I'll,,,wait ,,,maybe I'll get a lawyer and sue!! Anyone know a good lawyer??? Would a retired lawyer be cheaper??? Can they still sue people now that they are not practicing and are now just plain old normal people???LOL Sorry Dubord,,,Any way,,,those that know me realize that I love to joke around ,,and would never mean to really offend anyone that does not deserve it. Really hope I did'nt offend Hiram, because I know him, and he has very fragile feelings, a very sensitive guy, and you have to be careful not to offend people that have spent that much time in prison, cause they can be dangerous!! Happy caching to all,,,and no offense meant to anyone